Need Samantha and Tom voices — TomTom Community

Need Samantha and Tom voices

My XXL 550 is no longer supported by TomTom Home.
I need to download Samantha and Tom computer voices. They are grayed out on my Voices preferences page. Please help me restore this functionality.

Comments

• dhndhn Posts: 33,344
    Superusers
    Call support to add the voices to your account to download using Home BUT when you call, do NOT provide a model when prompted in order for a live agent to respond:

United States
    877-757-7137
    Monday - Friday: 9:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. EST

But are you **sure** that you do not have any computer voices installed on your device?
  • jdimartjdimart Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thanks for your reply.
    The two voices are grayed out on the XXL screen and can't be selected. Having them added to my account isn't a solution because Home will no longer add voices to my unit.
    TomTom Home discontinued support for the XXL
  • dhndhn Posts: 33,344
    Superusers
    Try a drum reset on the unit by holding the power button about 20 seconds till you hear the drum sounds.

Also, do you by chance have a backup -- hopefully manually?
  • jdimartjdimart Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I called support. Thank you for providing the number.
    Agent spent a half hour with me trying different things and she finally said she'd copy the files from an old unit and would send them to me later today. She told me that Samantha & Tom were NOT what I needed, but Susan & Dave.
    I found the correct voices on a user group forum. Extracted and copied to my unit's drive. Bingo! I have a talking GPS again.
    And yes I will make a manual backup of this fresh set of files. Thanks again dhn!