watch doesn't connect to pc

sweetman70sweetman70 Posts: 20 [Outstanding Explorer]
Hello all,
it seems that my recharge cable is broken. Once I connect it to my PC it isn't detected by the system and the sport connect app won't do anything.
Strangely enough, the watch recharge regularly. Well, there is not the large battery icon on the display, but there is the little one under the clock numbers.
Do you think I need to change the recharge cable?
TIA
tony

Answers

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 15,188 [Superusers]
    Is there any damage to the pins in the charger or the contacts on the watch? If any of the pins are bent or deformed straighten them out with a pin and make sure the contacts on the back of the watch are free of tarnish or grime. Also make sure it is fully snapped into the cradle. It would not be a bad idea to also replace the cable. If you are under waranty contact Support for a replacement, otherwise you will need to buy one.
  • sweetman70sweetman70 Posts: 20 [Outstanding Explorer]
    I checked the pins and contacts and they seem ok.
    I bought this watch on 27 december 2016. How many years lasts the warranty? I'll ask the TomTom support.
    Thanks for your reply.
    Tony
  • sweetman70sweetman70 Posts: 20 [Outstanding Explorer]
    Well, I checked the warranty docs and it seems the warranty is expired. :s
    I've just taken a picture of the watch and zoomed it with the phone. It seems that the contacts are damaged (see here: dw1zh8ip5chn.jpg).
    Perhaps I can make them more conductive solding a bit of metal for welding over them.
    What do you think?
    TIA
    tony
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 15,188 [Superusers]
    sweetman70 wrote: »
    Well, I checked the warranty docs and it seems the warranty is expired. :s
    I've just taken a picture of the watch and zoomed it with the phone. It seems that the contacts are damaged (see here:
    Perhaps I can make them more conductive solding a bit of metal for welding over them.
    What do you think?
    TIA
    tony

Try rubbing them with a pencil eraser to clean them up. It also looks like the second pin on the dock is stuck, try freeing it up with a pin.