Fix your wrist bands. Hopeless!

allungaparkallungapark Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
edited February 11 in TomTom Touch
Purchased tomtom touch in April. Wrist band broke in August when the plastic border around the actual device fractured. You provided a replacement in September. The replacement strap you eventually provided for my original strap has also broken. This time the loop at the end. I find it quite remarkable that a product that in most respects is very good has such a poor wrist band. The very nature of the product requires that users take it off frequently to download their data. Also those who use it are likely (like me) to be people who do a lot of exercise and therefore it will be worn constantly. In fact it is designed to be worn constantly. So why have you developed a band that is so fragile that it is incapable of lasting more than a few months? Not only is this frustrating for your customers but it also environmentally bad as it simply creates more silicone waste. I can't imagine that the cheap bands, available at a fraction of the cost of the genuine band, can be significantly less durable than yours, so why are yours so costly, and so bad. It would be good if you could improve your product. I sent an e-mail but you don't respond and the contact bit your application is not working either. Like so many organisations you seem incapable of actually providing customer service while pretending you do. I would like a response from tomtom if any tomtom employee reads this, or in fact actually exists

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 15,717 Superusers
    TT Sports went out of business well over a year ago (six months before you bought the device) and ceased all production and development. You bought a dead product and supplies for it are extremely limited. It sounds like you are still under warranty so Support should send you a new band (assuming they have them) but the quality will be the same as they stopped producing them so they are what is left of the old stock. There is no phone support for the watches so email or chat are your only option. The only TT employees who are on here are moderators who do not handle support issues. Keep emailing or try live chat and se fi that works.
  • allungaparkallungapark Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Thank you for that t(etc.). I didn't know they were no longer in production. They are still sold in Australia (or were last year) as though they were. I didn't really expect to get anywhere with this other than to send them a bit of a message that it damages their brand whether it is for this type of device or anything else. ebay for me now to get some cheap bands.
    Cheers.
  • AlbarabAlbarab Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    I bought one of these in Feb, the strap lasted four days before it broke, bought from Harvey Norman who are one up from useless as far as support goes.
    No response from TomTom in any shape or form
    Just about to change to something with a better quality
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 15,717 Superusers
    Albarab wrote: »
    I bought one of these in Feb, the strap lasted four days before it broke, bought from Harvey Norman who are one up from useless as far as support goes.
    No response from TomTom in any shape or form
    Just about to change to something with a better quality

You bought one in February 2019? TT Sports went out of business and ceased all production in late 2017, so I am not sure why you bought one now as they are dead products. The bands are poor and supplies are running out so I would strongly reconsider your buying decision. All production and development has stopped and there will be no new features or changes to the existing features in the future. If you are able, you may want to consider returning the device and going with another brand that is active in the sports watch market and intends to continue producing and supporting devices.

To get in touch with Customer Support, choose Contact Us at the bottom of this page, select the service required and the product name and click Contact Customer Care and then Email Us or Chat (there is no longer phone support available for watches).