Tomtom camper

Hi I have just bought the tomtom camper and having problems with getting it to connect to get texts. Some time it works and other times it does not I don't no if it possible that the my drive app is working OK. Have unistalled and put it back. Phone works OK. Or is there a knack at pairing them both up thanks.

Comments

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 293 [Superuser]
    edited February 9
    Hi @martin.scott17_un40

Mine seems to work ok. Click on Videos under Assistance from Tomtom on the right of this page and scroll through the videos they have. There is certainly one for Apple phones. This may help you check you have pared it correctly.

Also if you:

Tap menu
    Tap Settings
    Tap Bluetooth
    Tap your paired Phone

You now have some settings. Make sure Handsfree Calls and SmartPhone Messages are selected.

Doug
  • martin.scott17_un40martin.scott17_un40 Posts: 9 [Master Explorer]
    Hi thanks yes done all that. Paired OK it says. As I said is it the my drive app playing up. Support sent me a link to re do soft via my drive on my computer but I would like to see if anybody else having trouble connecting msg
    Hi @martin.scott17_un40

Mine was alright until you mentioned it. =)

I have just tried with my Apple Phone linked to the GO Camper and it did not work. I noticed that on the Camper in Settings it was saying that Smartphone Messaging was trying to connect. On my Apple Phone that also showed one of the 2 pairs was not connected. Correcting those did not cure.

I have reloaded MyDrive App and repaired the phone and now works.

The Handsfree was working fine all the time.

Will keep an eye on this to see if my messaging drops out like you are experiencing.

Doug
  • bigbig Posts: 1,464 [Superuser]
    Last time there was a TomTom firmware update, I noticed connections to the iPhone were less reliable. I had to un-pair and re-pair connections with iPhone and then all was fine.
    Thanks that was what I wanted to find out. I don't think it's the device I think it's the my drive app. I have started all over again and it works then stops. Tried it 3 times last night fine then twice in the car but the third time no connect. Tomtom want me to reload the software but I don't think that is the problem. Shame really as had go 600 for 5 yrs no problem.
    Hi @martin.scott17_un40

I have PM'ed you.

Doug
    Hi doug <<supersaver>> hi I have pm you.
    Hi

I have replied.
    Hi doug lap have pm u.