Recorded routes and how to get them back

julesdiamond
julesdiamond Registered Users Posts: 2
New Seeker
I am new at this and have just had the tomtom go bought me by my husband as I have no sense of direction and keep getting lost! I had a tomtom some years ago but this is nothing like it. One of the things I would like to know is when it says it is recording the route you are taking which in my case is my husband showing me the best way to go see him in hospital soon, then how do I get the recorded route he has done back up and list it so I can find it when I am on my own driving. Please can you help. :)

Comments

• DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 9,833
    Superuser
    Hi @julesdiamond

Having recorded it I assume he has then saved it.and if so it will be in My Routes on the unit.

Tap Menu
    Tap My Routes
    Tap the Route name

Doug
  • mirceamaier
    mirceamaier Registered Users Posts: 3
    New Seeker
    This is not answer my question! I don't know how to see the route on tomtom device?
  • mirceamaier
    mirceamaier Registered Users Posts: 3
    New Seeker
    I don't have My Routes on my TomTom!
  • DougLap
    Superuser
    edited February 2019
    Hi @mirceamaier

When you have planned a route on MyDrive and you save it there there is a sub menu which has an option to Sync the route to your Units on your account.

As you have already saved the route if you click on My Routes in My drive, Tap on the route you have saved a menu appears and if you select the option to sync it should then appear on your unit either when you connect your unit to your PC or if it has an Inbuilt Sim when you turn it on. It should appear in your units My Routes.
  • DougLap
    Superuser
    edited February 2019
    Hi @mirceamaier

Tap Menu
    4 Icons appear.
    Brush across the screen from Right to Left and more Icons appear.
    Keep doing this until My Routes appears.
    Tap My routes

Doug
  • julesdiamond
    julesdiamond Registered Users Posts: 2
    New Seeker
    Thank you for your message and I think it may be because I did not press save it after he had done the route so I think we may have to do the route again that is my husband to drive it and I will press record and then for me to press save once the route is completed. I think that is what we should do anyway now as we did not save the last time it was recorded. Thank you so much for your help. :)
  • DougLap
    Superuser
    Hi @julesdiamond

When you do it this time. Start the recording and a Red spot should appear top right of screen to show the recording is being done. When you get to the end of your journey:-

Tap Menu,
    Scroll right and Tap Stop Recording.

Then you do this you should get an option to name and save. The route should then appear in your My Routes list.

Doug