Sports app crashes and/or is unresponsive

2»

Answers

• NobblyNobbly Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
    Same problem. App crashes repeatedly on Moto G7 using Android 9 after uploading long cycle. But has been clutching for some time. Frequently have to unpaid and repair with warch. Uninstalling app and deleting files didn't work. But comment above "Remove Android/data/com.tomtom.Sports folder and don't view your big run in the app" does seem to work.

Would be very unlikely to but another TomRom product in future. Suggest others steer clear.
  • mirtomirmirtomir Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Tomtom Sports app on my Samsung Galaxy A6 + (A605FN with Android 9.0) displays message ..."Developer warning for package "com.tomtom.Sports" Failed to post notification on channel "null" see log for details.
    Anyone knows about it?
    Regards
    Tom
    Tomtom Adventurer + Samsung Galaxy A6plus (Andriod 9.0 with TomTom Sports) POLAND
  • KARMATYKARMATY Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Same problem. App crashes repeatedly on Moto G7 using Android 9 after uploading long cycle. But has been clutching for some time. Frequently have to unpaid and repair with warch. Uninstalling[Vidmate app and deleting files didn't work. But comment above "Remove Android/data/com.tomtom.Sports folder and don't view your big run in the app" does seem to work.Notepad++
    iTunes
  • Blackbox2342Blackbox2342 Posts: 9 [Master Explorer]
    I'm no longer optimistic that this is going to be sorted. Still the same issue and no communications from TomTom. They may have ended fitness watch sector but this kind of service puts me off buying any other TomTom products.
  • Andycrosby88Andycrosby88 Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
    Did any off the p20 users with this problem manage to fix it. Also trying to sync is very slow
  • TeiTei Posts: 43 [Outstanding Explorer]
    Somehow that problem got fixed for me by itself a couple of weeks after I reported it here. Maybe it was a Sony update ...
  • patpalloonpatpalloon Posts: 105 [Master Explorer]
    Still not fixed. If you delete the data from the app and start again it works for a period of time and then keeps crashing. All the steps suggested - factory reset of watch etc make no difference.
  • TeiTei Posts: 43 [Outstanding Explorer]
    I don't see how factory reset of the watch should make any difference in the app on phone. They are independent, one should be able to use the app without the watch.
  • SvenHVTSvenHVT Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
    Hi, i tried all suggestions above but keep having the issue with my one plus 5t.

Any other ideas? Tnx!
    QRunner wrote: »
    Remove the SDCARD/Android/data/com.tomtom.Sports folder and don't view your big run in the app. You can still view it in a browser though. Maybe additional removing of the app and the TomTom_MySports folder is necessary, I have not tested this.

Somehow big runs makes the app crash on Android 9.

You, sir are an absolute star! I've been tearing my hair out with this problem for 3 months and tt customer service have been useless. All this Uninstalling, factory reset, Unpair etc which doesn't work. And all you need to do is delete the tt folder and nothing else. And then crucially only use the app to upload your activities and update the quickGPS. Do not use it to view your activities.
  • Evie55Evie55 Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    I ran the london marathon last sunday synced my data and its on the app but the app crashes as soon as I open it- I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app several times, I tried forgetting the watch to my phone and then re pairing and that also didn't work- my phone is a one plus 6

It would seem the size of the data from the marathon has caused this? I can't get through to the live chat and I can't track any new activity atm
    Evie55 wrote: »
    I ran the london marathon last sunday synced my data and its on the app but the app crashes as soon as I open it- I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app several times, I tried forgetting the watch to my phone and then re pairing and that also didn't work- my phone is a one plus 6

It would seem the size of the data from the marathon has caused this? I can't get through to the live chat and I can't track any new activity atm

Evie. Live chat are hopeless. All you need to do is look in your phone memory and delete the TomTom mysports folder and it will work again. Do not use the app to view your activities - go to the mysports website
  • Glasgow_RangerGlasgow_Ranger Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    It happened to me. This is how I sorted out:

find out the record that make your app crashed. export it to GPX on mysports website and keep it for yourself. then delete that record.

Now open your app, it should work properly.
  • Glasgow_RangerGlasgow_Ranger Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    patpalloon wrote: »
    Evie55 wrote: »

Evie. Live chat are hopeless. All you need to do is look in your phone memory and delete the TomTom mysports folder and it will work again. Do not use the app to view your activities - go to the mysports website

It happened to me. This is how I sorted out:

find out the record that make your app crashed. export it to GPX on mysports website and keep it for yourself. then delete that record.

Now open your app, it should work properly.