Migration to a new service provider - Vanilla — TomTom Community

Migration to a new service provider - Vanilla

VikramKVikramK Posts: 7,925 TomTom Moderator
edited January 31 in Travel lounge
Hello everybody,

We would like to inform everyone on the community that we will have a new forum design on the 1st of February.

This anticipates some difficulties, as our forum is held at a standstill or in the read only mode for about a day. During this period, it will not be possible to post or comment on the posts.

This process will start today at 13:00 CET

Your patience during this time will be appreciated.... :)

Thank you,
Vikram :)
Have a question? Ask!
Did a reply resolve your query, please mark it as answer!
Try the search; the information you are looking for could already be available.

Comments

• justmebrowsingjustmebrowsing Posts: 389 [Supreme Pioneer]
    1. What a terrible mess this new layout is!
    2. The contrast is appalling (can hardly read the text)
    3. Recent discussions https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussions doesn't show recent discussions. Why can't we have these listed chronologically as before?
    4. Catagories https://tomtom.vanillacommunities.com/en/categories takes you straight to Discussions Home https://tomtom.vanillacommunities.com/en/ 
    5. Only 2 unresloved quesions across the entire forum? yeah, sure. https://tomtom.vanillacommunities.com/en/discussions/unanswered

6. Obviously (like many of the products/software) this has been rushed out with virtually no testing!
    So far; PATHETIC!
  • Casper78vfrCasper78vfr Posts: 3,014 Superusers
    Hello,

I am on the French forum and everything is in agreement with you, it is a disaster this migration.
    As you say, they put this in place without any testing.

• JackS37JackS37 Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    My first foray into this forum and must say I'm disappointed.
    I'm not at all confident that I'll find it useful.
  • U. N. WichtigU. N. Wichtig Posts: 506 [Revered Pioneer]
    The new Style sucks!
    I'm German. And I want to login to German forum. Why am I connected to the English forum everytime?
    My avatar has been changed to a smiley.
    I can't create a question in this chaotic html-dump.
    I can't answer in threads in the German part.
    Go 520 WiFi, Go 930 T
  • LochfrassLochfrass Posts: 9,306 Superuser
    edited February 3

by the way. So you can refresh your english ;)

• Hans85Hans85 Posts: 17 [Outstanding Explorer]
    Lochfrass said:

by the way. So you can refresh your english ;)

Das nützt nichts Lochfrass. Ich habe mich angemeldet kann aber nur im englischen Teil schreiben. Im deutschen fehlt „Antworten“ etc.
    Wirklich ein Chaos hier, wahrscheinlich vergrault TomTom die User...So haben sie weniger Arbeit im Forum, aber vielleicht mehr in Indien oder so ;)

Und dieser Text: Geben Sie Ihren Kommentar ein.....?
    Geräte:
    go600, vorher go1015
  • kumokumo Posts: 5,897 Superusers
    edited February 3
    - sorry for german language -

So ein Forenumzug von einem zum anderen Anbieter ist leider nicht so einfach. Was geschieht, wenn du auf der englischen Seite ganz nach unten scrollst und dort die Sprache auf Deutsche änderst? Befindest du dich dann im eingeloggten Zustand auf den noch nicht komplett deutschen übersetzten Seiten? Wenn du den Text 'Geben Sie Ihren Kommentar ein' siehst, dann bist du eingeloggt. Wenn ja, dann speichere dir dann den in der Adresszeile angezeigten Link als Favoriten.

Matthias
  • Hans85Hans85 Posts: 17 [Outstanding Explorer]

Geht nicht - sorry für das grosse Bild. Hier ins Deutsche Teil ohne Möglichkeit zu schreiben/antworten

Geben Sie Ihren Kommentar ein
    Geräte:
    go600, vorher go1015
    Hi Lochfrass und Kumo,

Dank für die Reaktion.
    Mit URL ändern komme ich freilich ins deutsche Forum.
    Nur was soll ich da? Ich kann kein Thema erstellen, teilweise fehlt in Threads die Antwortmöglichkeit und das Design ist total für den Axxxx!
    Und beim nächsten Login gehts wieder mit englisch los.
    Auch ansonsten ist das Forum ziemlich unübersichtlich und unbrauchbar geworden. Wie ich oben schon schrieb: html-dump.
    Ich habe auch in anderen Foren schon Migrarionen auf neue Board-Software erlebt. Da war das deutlich besser organisiert und mit weniger Theater. Und das waren rein privat organisierte Foren, ohne Firma mit IT-Anteil (Ist TT das noch?) im Hintergrund.

Go 520 WiFi, Go 930 T
    Und obwohl noch 1 Minute zum editieren zur Verfügung steht, geht auch das nicht.
    Wenn man nämlich geändert hat, läßt sich der Kram nicht speichern.
    Schade ums Forum, hat TT das also auch auch geschafft. :'(
    Go 520 WiFi, Go 930 T
    edited February 3
    - sorry for german language -
    Wie geschrieben: Das ist nicht nur ein neues Design (an dem gewiß noch geschraubt werden muss) sondern ein kompletter Umzug des Forums inclusive aller vorherigen Inhalte. Das geht, wenn auch etwas verschlüsselt, aus dem Titel dieses Threads hervor.
    Bei mir funktionieren auf dem PC nun auch wieder die alten gewohnten Links:
    https://discussions.tomtom.com/de/ war und ist mein Eingang zum Forum

Matthias
    Man kann wohl nicht abstreiten das es wohl etwas übers Knie gebrochen wurde :'(

I guess you can't deny it was broken over the knee.

• Lost_SoulLost_Soul Posts: 149 [Revered Navigator]
    edited February 3
    1. What a terrible mess this new layout is!
    2. The contrast is appalling
    3. Recent discussions https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussions does not show recent discussions. Why can not we have listed chronologically as before?
    4. Catagories https://tomtom.vanillacommunities.com/en/categories takes you straight to Discussions Home https://tomtom.vanillacommunities.com/en/ 
    5. Only 2 unresolved quesions across the entire forum? yeah, sure. https://tomtom.vanillacommunities.com/en/discussions/unanswered

6. Obviously (like many products / software) this has been rushed out with virtually no testing!
    So far; PATHETIC !
    I concur the new forum is proving difficult to use and needs to be improved for users; in addition to the above when you are in a discussion thread there is no way to see the newest discussions. 

Scrolling to the bottom of the page  part of my edited thread Seems to be disappearing - see below then scrolling back to the bottom of the thread ....................... Previously we had the option to see the most recent items first. : '(

We also had the facility mark the thread for another users attention by putting the @ sign in front of a user's name he @VikramK

? I could not see how this is Achieved on the new forum 

Is there a user manual or tips n tricks on how to use the forum for us to read anywhere? 

I posted the above and noticed did a chunk of my post had disappeared - went back to  edit and it still was missing - the missing section was "then choosing to go to the last page" 
    Based in UK - Tomtom Go 6200 (random ALG displayed )
    As Jack Nicholson would say: Is this as good as it gets??
    edited February 3
    Hmmmmmm - the editor does not appear to record my posts. : *

I typed ie   @ @VikramK ;

the editor posted h ..... e

I typed: the missing section ( w..a..s.  ) as it substitutes the word what  :): smile:

The editor posted:   the missing section what 

I type the @ sign and two or three characters of a name -> a selector comes up
    Then I click to the username of my choice and everything fits. Same at your side?

Matthias
    kumo said:
    I type the @ sign and two or three characters of a name -> a selector comes up
    Then I click to the username of my choice and everything fits. Same at your side?
     That is what I tried about 30 minutes ago without success, but "now it does work" but I have to  type 3 characters before   the selector come up  - Puzzling???  :)  
  • John-JayJohn-Jay Posts: 628 [Supreme Pioneer]
    Typing in the "@" symbol (followed by 2 or 3 characters of the User Name) does NOT produce a Drop-Down list for me!!

Regards,

John-Jay

edited February 3
    @John-Jay Wich browser does you use?
    In this post 2 characters were enough at me for your name
    I use Firefox 65
    @John-Jay @Lochfrass

I am using the Google Chrome Version 71.0.3578.98 (Official Build) (64-bit)
    Ah. 
    I got an update to 72.0 and there it works also with two caracters
    No idea where the problem could be.
    I'm having to use an old version of Internet Explorer (v11.253.17763.0), since I'm unable to even log-in on my usual Browser (FireFox v65.0)

Regards,

John-Jay

I have upgraded to Version 72.0.3626.81 (Official Build) (64-bit) and it is only taking 2 characters to get the selection popup  :)
  • justmebrowsingjustmebrowsing Posts: 389 [Supreme Pioneer]
    edited February 3
    Sadly this is so typical of TT releasing something just before or during a weekend so nobody is around to over-see, manage (or actually give-a-damn) if those that this forum is meant to help; TOMTOM OWNERS, USERS & BUYERS cant' figure it out due to abysmal programming/design! >:) >:) >:) >:) >:) >:) >:) >:)
    Sadly this is so typical of TT releasing something just before or during a weekend so nobody is around to over-see, manage (or actually give-a-damn) if those that this forum is meant to help; TOMTOM OWNERS, USERS & BUYERS cant' figure it out due to abysmal programming/design! >:) >:) >:) >:) >:) >:) >:) >:)

Precisely!!!

:s :s :s :s :s

Regards,

John-Jay

• VikramKVikramK Posts: 7,925 TomTom Moderator
    edited February 4
    @John-Jay

I edited some setting so you should now be able to edit your profile, especially the signature..

@justmebrowsing

We wanted to release it early but setting up things took more time than we expected.. Sorry about that.. I am still trying to get used to the new format so please keep reporting so I can forward it accordingly.

The name dropdown after the '@' looks to be working fine... 

Just tested signing in and out using Firefox/Chrome/Edge it worked okay..

I am preparing a spreadsheet where I can log the feedback so, please keep posting so I can send those to Vanilla.

Edit: A request to everyone to keep the language in English when you are on the English forum this will keep the discussions organized. 

Thank you :) 

Regards
    Vikram :)

Have a question? Ask!
    Did a reply resolve your query, please mark it as answer!
    Try the search; the information you are looking for could already be available.