Problem GO 6100 update no audio guide — TomTom Community

Problem GO 6100 update no audio guide

Hi, after the last software update, my tomtom does not guide me with the audio directions, it works the speed limit sound, speed camera, and destination, but no road indication, on video everything is perfect as always!

Comments

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 4,025 Superuser
    Hi @giuseppeimme

1 Check if the Voice has been changed.

2 Tap Menu and look to see if the Voice icon bottom right has a line through it. If so tap the icon and you should get a message at top of screen showing whether the Sound has been turned off or on.

3 When checking the above look to see if the Volume has been turned right down.

4 If you want the full range of verbal instructions make sure the Voice selected in Settings is a Digitalised voice and the instructions you want are selected.. Uk English would be Samantha (Correction Serena as per Niall) or Malcolm. I don't know off hand what the Italian equivalent is.

Hope this helps.

Doug
  • NiallNiall Posts: 10,677 Superuser
    @giuseppeimme

UK English computer voices "Serena" or "Malcolm
    US English computer voices "Samantha""or "Tom
    AU English computer voice "Karen"
  • giuseppeimmegiuseppeimme Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thanks for the reply
    then the language is set correctly, (Italian system base voice), in any case I have done what has been said, but nothing has changed. The strange thing that tells me correctly "you will arrive at your destination at XX: XX" and then does not say anything anymore.

do you think I have to do the factory rest?
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 4,025 Superuser
    HI @giuseppeimme

1 Try a drumroll reset first. with the unit turned on hold the Start button down for about 20 seconds until you hear a drumroll and the unit restarts itself.

2 Before you do a Factory Reset turn your Unit on and open MyDrive on your iPad or PC to make sure any My Places you have saved on your unit appear in MyDrive.

3 If the Drumroll reset does not work then a Factory Reset via Menu, Settings, System Reset Device. You will lose all your POI file and Routes that you have loaded onto your unit via MyDrive and any My Places you saved on your unit. Following a Factory Reset when the Unit restarts it should connect via the inbuilt Mobile Sim to the TT server and reload (Sync) the deleted data back onto your unit.

Doug
  • giuseppeimmegiuseppeimme Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Solve...
    factory reset...