Runner 2 not syncing with 1.7.64 — TomTom Community

Runner 2 not syncing with 1.7.64

jimes256jimes256 Posts: 6 [Master Traveler]
so after updating my watch won't sync to iPhone. Connect to mac and it syncs that way. have factory rest watch and removed it from phone inc bluetooth. Still the same! Help please

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,321
    Superusers
    I would start from scratch. You first need to remove the watch from the phone's BT menu (in iOS you have it forget the device) after you reset or try pairing again. The steps are: uninstall the app, remove or forget the watch from the phone's BT menu, factory reset the watch, reinstall the app, select Pair New on the app, select Pair New on watch (press down from the clock and select Phone>Pair New, not Sync) and follow the prompts on the phone. You should not be pairing the watch first through the phone's BT menu; it is all done through the app and you must have the phone forget the watch in the BT menu before re-pairing.

I hope this helps answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • jimes256jimes256 Posts: 6 [Master Traveler]
    sadly that didn't work. tried it a few weeks ago exactly as you describe. from searching its a common problem with this firmware?
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,321
    Superusers
    jimes256 wrote:
    sadly that didn't work. tried it a few weeks ago exactly as you describe. from searching its a common problem with this firmware?
    No, that was a battery drain issue. You can request a rollback anyway and see if it helps.

https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/spark-spark-3-runner-2-and-runner-3-473/software-version-rollback-requests-battery-issues-runner-spark-watch-series-1030088

I hope this helps answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • jimes256jimes256 Posts: 6 [Master Traveler]
    it really is a problem with syncing on this firmware, lots of people having the same problem. Thanks ill request a rollback