Saving an altered route 6200 — TomTom Community

Saving an altered route 6200

After avoiding part of a route on my 6200 is it possible to save the altered route to my routes.

Comments

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 3,966 Superuser
    Hi @CamboG

Not once you have completed the journey.

If you remember the way you will have to recreate the route on the GO 6200 or MyDrive with Waypoints and then save it. If you do it in MyDrive and save it there it is synced to your unit when you turn your GO 6200 on and can be resynced if you have to do a reset.

If you create the route on the GO6200 and then save it as a route it will be lost if you have to do a reset unless you put a SD card in the External memory, format it for Routes ,and then copy the route to that so that you can remove the Card and save the route to your computer.

Hope that helps.

Doug
  • CamboGCamboG Posts: 19 [Master Explorer]
    Thanks Doug but when I connect my 6200 to my computer MyDrive won’t let me use in to do this, message pops up you can update etc without mydrive.
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 3,966 Superuser
    Hi @CamboG

You only connect your GO6200 if you want to update your unit if there are problems with Wifi. Its giving you the message as its assuming you want to update and is directing you to use the inbuilt Wifi.

Go onto your computer and open the MyDrive webpage

https://mydrive.tomtom.com/en_gb/#mode=viewport+viewport=51.39601,0.32527,18,0,-0+ver=3

Log into your TT account and using the Menu on the left you can create Routes. When you create them you can then save them. Make sure that the option to Sync to your unit is selected.

When you turn on your GO6200, do not connect it to your Computer, using its Inbuilt Mobile Sim it will log onto the TT servers and download the saved Route into Saved Routes on your unit.

If you use MyDrive on the computer or the MyDrive App on your phone to create a route and then ask it to send it to your GO6200 it will appear on your unit when you turn it on ready for you to start driving. A route created on a smart phone cannot be saved as a route so that it syncs to your My Routes file on your unit.

Hope that helps.

Doug
  • CamboGCamboG Posts: 19 [Master Explorer]
    Finally managed to do it on my iPad, strangely though can’t on my Lenovo laptop running Windows 10.
    Thanks Doug, your a star.