Music don't start — TomTom Community

Music don't start

WilldsManWilldsMan Posts: 6 [Apprentice Seeker]
Hello
I replaced my bluetooth headset.
Now I can match the watch, I can change the songs through the earphone buttons, but the song does not start.
With the old headsets the music starts as soon as it was paired, now it does not start anymore. I already did the factory reset, update and everything else.
Has anyone had this problem ? Know how to solve?

p.s.: With my smartphone the headset working perfectly.

Comments

  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,621
    Superusers
    If you paired with the phone it may be blocking the watch from connecting. Before pairing, you should turn off BT on all the other devices you have tried pairing them to, as BT is a one-to-one relationship, so it can only play on one device at a time. Any of these devices could be stealing the signal first. Alternately, go outside away from the other devices so they are all out of range before trying to pair the headphones. Make sure the headphones are in pairing mode while on the clock screen and then press up to have the watch search for it (don't go into search mode on the watch first). On most headphones you need to press and hold the power button for an extended period to get into pairing (check the instructions for your headphones). Once they are paired you do not need to pair again, but make sure the headphones are turned on while on the clock screen and then press up to have the watch search for it (don't go into search mode on the watch first). This works for me every time. If I do it the other way and got to search first it often won’t find them. Finally, make sure you are not putting the headphones into pairing each time. On some models if you hold the power button for a second too long it will put it into pairing mode. For pairing purposes, leave the headphones sitting on the watch so they are as close as possible. And again, make sure you are in clock mode before going into pairing mode (just like when you turn them on to listen) and only press up once you have gotten the confirmation from the headphones that they are in pairing mode.

    I hope this helps answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • WilldsManWilldsMan Posts: 6 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Thanks for the answer.
    I turned off all the devices when I paired the watch.
    I can do pairing, the watch even accepts the headset's next and previous commands, but the music did not start.
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,621
    Superusers
    WilldsMan wrote:
    Thanks for the answer.
    I turned off all the devices when I paired the watch.
    I can do pairing, the watch even accepts the headset's next and previous commands, but the music did not start.
    Did you replace it with a BT 5.0 device? TT only supports BT 4.0 so any newer headsets will not work with the watch.

    I hope this helps answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • WilldsManWilldsMan Posts: 6 [Apprentice Seeker]
    tfarabaugh wrote:
    WilldsMan wrote:
    Thanks for the answer.
    I turned off all the devices when I paired the watch.
    I can do pairing, the watch even accepts the headset's next and previous commands, but the music did not start.
    Did you replace it with a BT 5.0 device? TT only supports BT 4.0 so any newer headsets will not work with the watch.

    I hope this helps answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
    Hello,
    The headset is Bluetooth V4.1
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,621
    Superusers
    WilldsMan wrote:
    tfarabaugh wrote:
    WilldsMan wrote:
    Thanks for the answer.
    I turned off all the devices when I paired the watch.
    I can do pairing, the watch even accepts the headset's next and previous commands, but the music did not start.
    Did you replace it with a BT 5.0 device? TT only supports BT 4.0 so any newer headsets will not work with the watch.

    I hope this helps answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
    Hello,
    The headset is Bluetooth V4.1
    It may just be an incompatible headset. Most BT LE devices should work, but some work better than others. Price seems to not be a factor as the cheaper ones often seem to work better than the expensive ones. This is because cheap models are more likely to use the base BT protocols and not customize them for advanced features or settings like more expensive models do (and there is no way of knowing if a manufacturer has tweaked the protocols to take them out of compliance). The BT standard is in such a way a 'standard' that it can be widely interpreted with different settings for buffer sizes, time outs, profiles, protocols, antenna configurations, etc. TomTom cannot change their code every time a manufacturers messes with the BT coding. This is a case where paying more will not increase the chances of connectivity, it may decrease it. There are thousands of models out there so there is no way for TT to test them all and since the manufacturers often tweak the BT settings there is no way to know upfront if a pair will work or not. At a minimum they need to be BT LE and support A2DP and AVRCP, the two protocols necessary to play music. Your best bet is to buy them from someplace with a good return policy so if they don't work you can return them and try another brand.

    I imagine this is not what you were hoping to hear but let me know if this answered your question. If it did, please mark it as a solution so other can look for it if they have the same question.
  • Lisa-MarieLisa-Marie Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    Hi,
    I recently brought JBL Sprint wireless headphones to use with my tomtom spark 3 with music. The first two times I used my headphones everything worked perfectly. However since then the headphones pair with my watch straight away however the music doesn't play. On my watch it looks as if the music is paused and no amount of pushing play on the headphones changes that. But if I pair the headphones with my phone which works straight away, then I turn off bluetooth on my phone and pair the headphones with my watch, it works. Apart from the annoying rigmarole of having to pair with my phone to get my headphones to work with my watch everytime I want to go for a run, if for some reason I accidentially turn off my headphones while running, I cannot then get them to work and end up finishing my run with no music. Is there a solution to this problem? I know JBL have now brought out headphones that store music directly so there would be no need to try and pair them. If thats the case I would also look at changing my watch as the main driver for me buying this watch was that it was the only fitness watch at the time which also stored music.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  • PinoUKPinoUK Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    I recently brought JBL Sprint wireless earphones to use with my tomtom spark with music. Pairing worked but music did not stat playing on the watch ( I have used JBL Contour with Spark for more than two years without a single problem).
    I returned the earphones and purchased JBL UA Sport Wireless PIVOT. Again, the pairing happens fairly quickly but the music is on hold.
    I think the bluetooth version in Spark should be updated.
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,621
    Superusers
    PinoUK wrote: »
    I recently brought JBL Sprint wireless earphones to use with my tomtom spark with music. Pairing worked but music did not stat playing on the watch ( I have used JBL Contour with Spark for more than two years without a single problem).
    I returned the earphones and purchased JBL UA Sport Wireless PIVOT. Again, the pairing happens fairly quickly but the music is on hold.
    I think the bluetooth version in Spark should be updated.

    Try a factory reset and then try pairing again. There will be no more updates to any TomTom watches. they went out of business 18 month ago and ceased all development.
Sign In or Register to comment.

Who's Online in this Category0