TomTom Spark 3 stops tracking activity partway through — TomTom Community

TomTom Spark 3 stops tracking activity partway through

joaniumjoanium Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
I'm new to Spark 3. A lot of the time, in the middle of a run, the gym or any activity, the watch exits the activity tracker by itself and goes back to the clock screen. Then there is no record of my activity.

I searched through the forum but couldn't find something like this. Has this been covered before? Is there something I'm doing that's causing this?

Some notes that could help:
  • I'm on software 1.7.64
  • I don't press the watch button throughout
  • During the activity, all looks fine (can see heart rate, pace etc.)
  • The first I notice something has gone wrong is that I look at the watch and it's on clock screen.
  • I then can't find any data showing my activity.

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,626
    Superusers
    It is a software glitch that can happen on occasion, but should not be a regular thing (it happened to me once in two years). Start with a factory reset and if that does not help contact Support if it is under warranty (if not you are out of luck). To do a factory reset, make sure the Connect software is running and dock the device to your computer. The Connect window will open; press the gear at the top right and select factory reset from the next screen. Follow the steps provided and when prompted to register or sign in to MySports, select sign in and use your existing account credentials. It is fairly straightforward and should take less than 5 minutes.

To get in touch with Customer Support, choose Contact Us at the bottom of this page, select the service required and the product name and click Contact Customer Care and then Email Us or Chat (there is no longer phone support available for watches).

I hope this helps answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • joaniumjoanium Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thank you -- I'll try that.
  • carlos02monteirocarlos02monteiro Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    joanium wrote: »
    Thank you -- I'll try that.

Have you solved your problem?

Same issue here, but with runner 2.