Replacement Straps - South Africa — TomTom Community

Replacement Straps - South Africa

TanyaPTanyaP Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
In October 2017 I purchased the TomTom Spark 3 with Music. I wanted to find a smaller strap and contacted TomTom UK and was kindly sent a strap by them, due to no stock in South Africa.

Now this strap is splitting, I contacted customer care and was basically told I need to buy one, which I don't mind doing. The issue is, there is STILL no stock in this country, so please do tell me where I can buy one of these overpriced bad quality straps? Yes, they are overpriced and shocking quality. I have 4 friends who are sitting with the same splitting strap issue, and the cost to replace is R500. R500 for something that cannot even last 7 months is disgusting.

I paid R4000 for this watch, and now I cant even get a replacement strap for it? NOWHERE has stock, not on shop or online shop in south Africa has one!!

Now please tell me why I shouldn't feel angry about this? I want to know WHERE I can buy a replacement strap for this overpriced product on my arm?

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,319
    Superusers
    You cannot buy straps in South Africa (or most countries) because TT Sports went out of business well over a year ago, ceasing all production and development and withdrew the products for sale from most countries (you bought yours a few weeks before they closed down). They are dead products that have been phased out. You best bet is to contact Support and see if they can locate one, but since it has been 15 months since they went out of business, supplies are getting low. You have every right to be angry but it will not change anything, companies go out of business all the time. It may simply be time to move on to another brand.

I imagine this is not what you were hoping to hear but let me know if this answered your question. If it did, please mark it as a solution so other can look for it if they have the same question.