Golfer 2 watch battery — TomTom Community

Golfer 2 watch battery

dougmehldougmehl Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
edited January 2019 in Golfer & Golfer 2
should I keep my golf2 watch's battery charged during off season or let the watch drain and recharge at start of new season

Answers

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,527
    Superusers
    I would let it discharge and then recharge it when you are ready to use it again. That way you are not constantly power cycling it or keeping it constantly plugged in. Probably better for the watch and uses less electricity in the long run.

I hope this helps answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • Martin_BrossyMartin_Brossy Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
    My Tomtom Golfer watch (2014 therefore Model 1 I think). The battery charge got weaker and weaker in the last few months and now holds NO Charge at all.
    How do I solve this ??
    Is there some way of rebooting the watch (and hopefully battery) ??
    Or can I buy and refit a new battery ??
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,527
    Superusers
    It si likely juts adepleted battery (not unexpected after
    My Tomtom Golfer watch (2014 therefore Model 1 I think). The battery charge got weaker and weaker in the last few months and now holds NO Charge at all.
    How do I solve this ??
    Is there some way of rebooting the watch (and hopefully battery) ??
    Or can I buy and refit a new battery ??

It is likely just a depleted battery (not unexpected after 5 years) and there is nothing to reboot other than a factory reset (try it, it may work). TomTom does not replace batteries (if you want to crack the case and source a new battery on your own and replace it that is up to you). To do a factory reset, make sure the Connect software is running and dock the device to your computer. The Connect window will open; press the gear at the top right and select factory reset from the next screen. Follow the steps provided and when prompted to register or sign in to MySports, select sign in and use your existing account credentials. It is fairly straightforward and should take less than 5 minutes.
  • maxie_taymaxie_tay Posts: 2 [New Traveler]
    My Golfer 2 is about 2 years old. The battery barely lasts one 18 holes of play. How can I increase its battery life? Can the battery be changed?