How to get RMA#

Want to return GO 520 wifi. Have multiple support tickets with Ankita P. Not getting my problem fixed. Keep saying server down.

Comments

• VikramKVikramK Posts: 6,228 [Moderator]
    Hi Toymech

Welcome to the community!

Do you want to return your GO 520 WiFi because you are unable to update it using MyDrive Connect?

Being a WiFi device it is suppose to perform updates directly over the WiFi.

MyDrive Connect can only be used to serve as a medium to provide internet connectivity through a computer/laptop.

Note: The actual instructions to update will still be shown to you on the device screen even when connected to MyDrive Connect.

See this FAQ for more information: https://us.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/25335 b]USING MYDRIVE CONNECT AS AN ALTERNATIVE TO A WI-FI® CONNECTION[/b

Regards
    Vikram
    Have a question? Ask!
    Did a reply resolve your query, please mark it as answer!
    Try the search; the information you are looking for could already be available.
  • ToymechToymech Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I was instructed to use My Drive Connect to download thru my PC. In wifi mode it never went past 6% on download of map. So I downloaded late P.M. took 12 hours. I have 1.5mb
    internet speed so if I'm lucky. TomTom picked upgrade for me and I bought.

So My Drive Connect does nothing. I thought it added device and had my places to add and features like phone APP.

Regards:
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 6,228 [Moderator]
    Hi Toymech

Updating of the firmware/maps/speed cameras and voices will happen over the WiFi directly on the device.

But if you wish to add or send POI's/Favourites/route etc then you can use MyDrive Web for that.

Check out the below video which shows how it works...

[video]
    Regards
    Vikram :)
    Have a question? Ask!
    Did a reply resolve your query, please mark it as answer!
    Try the search; the information you are looking for could already be available.
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 295 [Superuser]
    Hi @Toymech

If I have read what you have said correctly it appears that you only have 1.5mb download speed. If this is the case then you are going to have problems as the GO520 Wifi needs greater downloads speeds.

Can you get access to much faster Wifi somewhere, work or friend, and try that. Could resolve your problems.

Once you have sorted out how to add Poi files and routes via Tomtom MyDrive as shown in the video suggested by Vikram then you could be okay.
  • ToymechToymech Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Everyone, Thanks for Help. My issue was I needed My Drive Web. That's what I was looking for. Internet I will download at work. Thanks again all.