Connect says device upto date Device says no maps available

Julie2019Julie2019 Posts: 4 [Neophyte Traveler]
edited January 30 in Map installation
I have the TomTom go 50 and had the issue following an update. The TomTom Connect says it is up to date yet the TomTom 50 device says no maps available. I tried to install yesterday but it said insufficient space so I purchased a 32 GB memory card today and now I have no maps. The UK and Republic of Ireland map also no longer shows in my maps so I am unable to re install from here either. I have emptied the cache and reset the device.

Please help!!!

Comments

• dhndhn Posts: 32,896 Superusers
    Did the device offer to format the card? What brand card did you buy?

See here:
    http://us.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/16695/kw/no maps found

Support:

:flag_gb: United Kingdom
    02079 490 132
    Monday - Friday: 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
  • Julie2019Julie2019 Posts: 4 [Neophyte Traveler]
    Yes all formatted and I purchased one that was recommended by TomTom.
  • LAURE123LAURE123 Posts: 915 Superuser
    Hi all,

@Julie2019

EU maps, even with fewer buildings, have become too big for the on-board memory (8GB) of our devices. The operation of the device is blocked by the lack of free space.

1/ If a map is corrupted, it must be deleted and in your context the "cache" folder of MyDrive Connect (MDC) cleared.
    - Open the submenu of the map, in "My content" go down in "My Maps", click on the map picture, not on the button and choose "Uninstall".
    - Empty cache folder, close MDC window and right-click the MDC icon in the taskbar next to the clock.
    ==> choose "Settings" / "Downloads" tab / "Empty download folder" button / "Save settings".
    - Right-click on the MDC icon in the taskbar next to the clock
    ==> Choose "Quit".

2/ Install EU full map on the micro SD card. Because of its size 8199MB, MyDrive Connect will put it directly on the micro SD card. Try this:
    ==> In your TomTom device go to the main menu (4Dots ....) / Settings / System / Format the memory card / choose the option "Map"
    ==> In MDC, open the submenu of the map, in "My content" go down in "My Maps", click on the map picture, not on the button and choose "Install Full Map With Buildings".

Regards.
    Start25 M / GO5100 + microSD 32GB
  • Julie2019Julie2019 Posts: 4 [Neophyte Traveler]
    Thanks I managed to resolve after talking to TomTom I just needed to install Europe for uk maps.
  • LAURE123LAURE123 Posts: 915 Superuser
    Glad for you. :slight_smile:
    Start25 M / GO5100 + microSD 32GB
  • SOWERBYSOWERBY Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    HOW did you talk to Tom Tom ?
    what is phone number in UK?
    thanks
  • NiallNiall Posts: 10,370 Superuser
    @SOWERBY

As above, to contact Customer Services

:flag_gb: United Kingdom
    02079 490 132