Another obselete Tomtom device. GO5200

Unklian2Unklian2 Posts: 7 [Master Explorer]
edited January 31 in Travel lounge
Yet another Tomtom device I own is now incompatible.
I bought my latest GO 5200 model direct from Tomtom less than 2 years ago after being told my previous one's memory was too small for the latest maps.

I received an email this morning stating:-

"Your current SatNav is incompatible with TomTom's latest map update. Consider upgrading your hardware".

I have been a loyal follower of the brand for many years. This is my fourth device.
No more......Your major competitor's devices are beginning to seem much more inviting.
You've lost a customer!
Ian Phoenix.

Comments

• justmebrowsingjustmebrowsing Posts: 291 [Renowned Trailblazer]
    I think you'll find that they are actually telling you that because their maps are getting larger (more roads/detail etc) that the internal memory of your device is possibly insufficient so all you need to do a buy an SD card (up to 32Gb) to expand your memory...simples
  • Unklian2Unklian2 Posts: 7 [Master Explorer]
    My GO 5200 has a 16Gb internal memory. There is nothing on it, no music, phone info. or anything other than the original Tomtom Western Europe Map. Surely 16Gb is enough?
    Tustmebrowsing. I have just checked and according to my device, it has 7.16Gb Internal Memory free.
  • John-JayJohn-Jay Posts: 556 [Renowned Wayfarer]
    Unklian2 wrote:
    Yet another Tomtom device I own is now incompatible.
    I bought my latest GO 5200 model direct from Tomtom less than 2 years ago after being told my previous one's memory was too small for the latest maps.

I received an email this morning stating:-

"Your current SatNav is incompatible with TomTom's latest map update. Consider upgrading your hardware".

I have been a loyal follower of the brand for many years. This is my fourth device.
    No more......Your major competitor's devices are beginning to seem much more inviting.
    You've lost a customer!
    Ian Phoenix.

Are you certain that the email is referring to the GO5200?

Since you imply that you have previously had earlier Models, I strongly suspect it is referring to the earlier Model!

Regards,

John-Jay

Hi there.

After much searching, I have found I have 2 Tomtom accounts.
    One for my old obsolete device, one for my GO 5200.
    I've tried & tried, but I can't seem to change or delete the device or delete the old account.
    Is there a simple way of doing this?

ie, Make the account with the old obsolete device go away for ever and just move forward with one current, up-to-date account with my GO 5200?

Cheers.

Ian.
  • dhndhn Posts: 32,874 [Superusers]
    Call support to assist in removing old accounts:

:flag_gb: United Kingdom
    02079 490 132
    Monday - Friday: 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
    dhn wrote:
    Call support to assist in removing old accounts:

:flag_gb: United Kingdom
    02079 490 132