Poor quality of the watchstrap — TomTom Community

Poor quality of the watchstrap

jeanthijeanthi Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
edited January 2019 in TomTom Adventurer
An orange ring is included within the watchstrap of the tomtom sport adventurer.
It is broken before one year of use of the Watch, and I did not found any contact within Tomtom to solve this botched work.

Who can help me?

Comments

• Luke Ba BaLuke Ba Ba Posts: 1 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Hey Jeanthi, I had exactly the same thing. I am trying to request a new strap at https://au.support.tomtom.com/app/strap_request, but the form won't work as it keeps asking me to update my address, which I have done. My Adventurer watch strap is cracked near the inside of the controller and the ring also snapped. It's just over a year old and has been cracked for about 4 months.

Other than that, I am really happy with the watch.
  • jeanthijeanthi Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    hy Luke,
    thank you for your message.
    in France the point is in the attachment that is rejected whatever its form ( jpg,png.....).
    At time, I found an email address to send my request, and I am wating for the answer before involving consumer associations.
    I also agree that the watch is very usefull, specially to read the slope on the bike
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 10,923 Moderator
    Hi @jeanthi

I have sent a heads up to the customer service.

Your case should be picked up on a priority without any further delay..

Regards
    Vikram
  • JLouwiesJLouwies Posts: 1 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Good Morning

We're (Wife and I) extremely happy with our watches (adventurer and Runner 3) but are experiencing difficulty in SA of obtaining replacement watch straps as a result of the poor quality of the watch strap which lasts a year at most.

We've been to numerous shops to inquire but without any success. When phoning the suggested online supplier I got told that they don't have straps in stock and I will wait months for straps.

We're both very active runners and cyclists (short distances and endurance/ultra distances) and cannot afford not having the functionality of our watches available as a result of the straps

Please help and advise what we can do to get replacement straps as a matter of urgency and who to contact. I can be contacted on [email protected] by any person and or supplier who can help
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,527
    Superusers
    JLouwies wrote: »
    Good Morning

We're (Wife and I) extremely happy with our watches (adventurer and Runner 3) but are experiencing difficulty in SA of obtaining replacement watch straps as a result of the poor quality of the watch strap which lasts a year at most.

We've been to numerous shops to inquire but without any success. When phoning the suggested online supplier I got told that they don't have straps in stock and I will wait months for straps.

We're both very active runners and cyclists (short distances and endurance/ultra distances) and cannot afford not having the functionality of our watches available as a result of the straps

Please help and advise what we can do to get replacement straps as a matter of urgency and who to contact. I can be contacted on [email protected] by any person and or supplier who can help

TT Sports went out of business well over a year ago and ceased all production and development, pulling the products from most countries, sop straps are hard to come by. Your best bet is amazon or eBay or contacting Support directly to see what they have in stock. To get in touch with Customer Support, choose Contact Us at the bottom of this page, select the service required and the product name and click Contact Customer Care and then Email Us or Chat (there is no longer phone support available for watches).
  • stillnotasleepstillnotasleep Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
    I tried to request a replacement strap at link below, but no luck. Submitting kept giving me an error message and sending me back to Contact Us page. I also sent them a DM on Twitter. No response yet.

My previous watchstrap from TomTom had no issues and wish this Adventurer was built to last at least a few years. I've only had this watch since April 2018.

https://us.support.tomtom.com/app/strap_repair
  • KiLrBKiLrB Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    I to have had the same problem and gave up trying to get an OE strap, i purchased a silicone replacement off ebay for $16aus item ID 332714182235. They have a variety of colours and I'm happy with my purchase to date