Discrepancy between Step Count on the watch vs App — TomTom Community

Discrepancy between Step Count on the watch vs App

HollyH90HollyH90 Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
I appear to have constant discrepancies between my watch and the data syncing to the App with regards to step count. See attached images.
The watch has already been factory reset at least twice and I have also followed instructions on a previous forum on how to restart the watch. Does anyone have any further suggestions on how I might be able to fix this?

Thanks in advance.
e72f0d5f-4599-4dde-b8bd-e77489dca8e2.jpg045550b5-4697-4f0a-91f0-8c0df013bb58.jpg2bdfa690-11fe-4884-bc32-89b0d0fd2dfb.jpg

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,732
    Superusers
    So it is off by 357 steps over the course of a day 18 steps so far? The watch and app will never match up completely as there is usually a lag between when you upload and when the servers upload the app. This kind of discrepancy is totally within the expected accuracy for this type of device and is really immaterial. There is nothing to be fixed as there is really nothing wrong. And since TT Sports went out of business well over a year ago and stopped all production and development, it will never be resolved, it is what it is.

I imagine this is not what you were hoping to hear but let me know if this answered your question. If it did, please mark it as a solution so other can look for it if they have the same question.