MyDrive Connect does not have menu top left. Newly purchased map not shown. Via 53. New map not sho

HaggisForBrains
HaggisForBrains Registered Users Posts: 14
Legendary Explorer
edited January 2019 in Map purchase & installation
Computer using Windows 10, with 22GB free on hard drive. I have bought a map of New Zealand for a trip there starting next Monday. I've installed a 31GB memory card, and there is 5 GB internal memory available. My WiFi is connected showing 28Mbps. If I press "Add a Map", it tells me there is 31GB space available, but no mention of the map I just bought. If I press "Updates and New Items", it simply tells me my TomTom Via is up to date, again no mention of the new NZ map.

So, I open MyDrive Connect. Firstly, it is almost impossible to read, as the print is tiny, so I have to increase the screen magnification to read the bit in the centre. I then have to move it about to see the rest of the screen. I can just make out that I am logged in, but on the top LHS, where there should be "My Device", "My Content" & "My Account", there is nothing! So now I'm stuck, having spent £45, and no sign of my new map.

Help please!

Comments

• HaggisForBrains
    HaggisForBrains Registered Users Posts: 14
    Legendary Explorer
    OK, finally got through to a real person by phoning 020 7387 5444. I had to listen to the silly hold music for 20 minutes, but finally got an advisor who noticed that I had bought the wrong map (I've recently replaced a faulty VIA 130 with a new VIA 53). He made some change to the map at his end, and then I was able to download it direct by WiFi. It turns out the map is only ~100MB, so I didn't need the Micro SD card, and was able to download the map to the internal memory. It would help if TomTom published the size of maps in their shop.