flits control yes or no in EU? — TomTom Community

flits control yes or no in EU?

ArundoArundo Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
edited January 2019 in Speed Cameras
In a lot of European countries flits control and warning are prohibited. Is it enough to not using it or isn't even allowed to have the software on your device?

I have a GO 500.
Kind regards

Comments

• dhndhn Posts: 33,301
    Superusers
    If you are in France, the application will show Danger Zones (allowed) not speed cameras (not allowed).
  • ArundoArundo Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    ok, thx, that is one country, but I will travel through Germany, Switzerland and Italy.
  • dhndhn Posts: 33,301
    Superusers
    Support can clarify for you:

:flag_nl: Nederland (Holland)
    020 850 1022
    Maandag t/m vrijdag : 09:00 tot 17:30
  • ArundoArundo Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Ok, thx dhn, I couldn’t find a telephone nr on the Dutch website.
    i’ll call this money!
  • P2TomP2Tom Posts: 10 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I use extensively in Europe - everywhere is OK. France does not show any longer the camera locations, however they do the so called danger zones. Germany is perfectly all right (I going there 4-6 times a year) but you should obey the trafic laws since more often no speed limit, but where it is then you should obey it. All towns are always 50 km some tight and busy section if is posted 30km or if it is more than 50 it is also posted. Switzerland more controlled by the local police so have the radar detector too with you and make it sure that they do not see it, because it is not permitted there.
    The TomTom speed camera warning is all right - in every country in Europe.
    Generally speaking, I use the warning system on my TomTom since it was invented all over in Europe. Very useful. Only dumb people don't have it!