Maps Not found Carminat — TomTom Community

Maps Not found Carminat

cath3rin3cath3rin3 Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
edited January 2019 in Built in car navigation
I have a clio Carminat TomTom LIVE and it displays no maps found, I have followed the instructions to switch off wait 30 sec etc
When I go to update the sd card It says no device found
Any ideas please

Comments

• Troubadix12Troubadix12 Posts: 1,970 [Revered Voyager]
    Hi cath3rin3,

welcome to the TomTom-Community :)

First Question: Have you ever made a manually (without TomTomHome) full Backup of your SD-Card? If not, now it is the right time ;)

For Explorer change the view-option to show all files and folders (even system and hidden too). Exit TTHome via Taskline (Apple MAC -> Dock). Now copy all files and folders of your SD-Card via Explorer (Apple MAC -> Finder) to your local Harddrive in a folder of your choice (for example "TomTom-Backup-2019-01-16").

Next Steps try on your own Risk!!!

Now you can format your SD-Card with FAT32 (no Quickformat). But watch out! This Step delete all Stuff from your SD-Card (I hope, you verify your Backup).

Next put the SD-Card back in your Carminat and turn on Ignition. Wait, until "No Map found" (or "SD-Card initialized" or similar) is shown.

Next turn of ignition and put the SD-Card back into PC (MAC) and start TTHome. Follow Instructions from TTHome. Repeat Updates until no more offered.

Hope this helps

Regards

Troubadix12