Spark 3 watch connection not recognized by PC — TomTom Community

Spark 3 watch connection not recognized by PC

nicketynacnicketynac Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
On the phone app it says I should connect to a computer for the latest download for my watch. However, when I connect the watch to the laptop, it does charge, but the laptop does not recognise that it is connected so I can only get so far with downloading mysportsconnect, it says to connect the watch, which I do, but as it doesn't recognise it, it won't go any further. Any tips out there?!

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,618
    Superusers
    You should go to tomtom.com/123 to download the Sports Connect software. Once it is fully installed, plug in the watch and follow the prompts. If it can charge but not connect check if there is any damage to the pins in the charger or the contacts on the watch. If any of the pins are bent or deformed straighten them out with a pin and make sure the contacts on the back of the watch are free of tarnish or grime. Also make sure it is fully snapped into the cradle.

If you just purchased the device I would take care with your buying decision considering TomTom left the wearables business a year ago and is just selling out their inventory. All production and development has stopped and there will be no new features or changes to the existing features in the future. If you are able, you may want to consider returning the device and going with another brand that is active in the sports watch market and intends to continue producing and supporting devices.

I hope this helps answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.