[Feature proposal]: Add continual heart monitoring on Spark 3 main display — TomTom Community

[Feature proposal]: Add continual heart monitoring on Spark 3 main display

BlazoooBlazooo Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
I've recently started using Spark 3 sports watch and it would be really great if i can start continual heart beat monitoring and displaying without the need to start any sports activity.
This will mean that from the screen where clock is displayed to push a simple sequence on buttons and to have a continual bpm displayed on main screen on watch.

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,326
    Superusers
    This is not going to happen for several reasons. First it would be a total battery drain. It would require the LEDs to be on at all times, versus once every two minutes as it is now and it would also require the screen to be constantly refreshing which kills the battery. Battery life would be reduced to hours instead of days.

Secondly and most importantly is that there are no more updates coming to the watch. TT Sports went out of business over a year ago and ceased all production and development. The watches are dead products and are what they are, they will never change. You said you recently started using the watch. I would take care with your buying decision considering TomTom left the wearables business a year ago and is just selling out their inventory. All production and development has stopped and there will be no new features or changes to the existing features in the future. If you are able, you may want to consider returning the device and going with another brand that is active in the sports watch market and intends to continue producing and supporting devices.

I imagine this is not what you were hoping to hear but let me know if this answered your question. If it did, please mark it as a solution so other can look for it if they have the same question.
  • BlazoooBlazooo Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thanks for a prompt reply.

It is true that the battery will be drained faster, but all features come at some cost. My idea was to have a possibility to turn on heart monitor on for a while and then to turn it off.

Sadly no new features will be seen developed by TomTom.
    I'm wondering if there's a SDK or something similar available for development of additional apps for the watch?
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,326
    Superusers
    Blazooo wrote:
    Thanks for a prompt reply.

It is true that the battery will be drained faster, but all features come at some cost. My idea was to have a possibility to turn on heart monitor on for a while and then to turn it off.

Sadly no new features will be seen developed by TomTom.
    I'm wondering if there's a SDK or something similar available for development of additional apps for the watch?
    No SDK is available nor will it be made available. That is proprietary information that still ahs a value to TT, even when they are out of business. Plus it is near impossible to offer Customer Support when the customers can make any changes they want to the device as there is no way to know what is a TT issue and what is a user driven issue.

I imagine this is not what you were hoping to hear but let me know if this answered your question. If it did, please mark it as a solution so other can look for it if they have the same question.