firmware downgrade — TomTom Community

firmware downgrade

bluboybluboy Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
Hi, since having latest firmware 1.7.64 I haven't been able to sync with phone. If I connect to mac it says not connected until I plug in the 2nd time then everything syncs inc to iPhone. Is this a firmware problem and if so can i be rolled back to previous please?

Thanks

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,781
    Superusers
    It is not likely a firmware issue as the rollback only helped with battery drain. You can request a rollback at the post set up specifically for that:

https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/spark-spark-3-runner-2-and-runner-3-473/software-version-rollback-requests-battery-issues-runner-spark-watch-series-1030088

You should also uninstall and reinstall the app and do a factory reset to completely reset the connection. You first need to remove the watch from the phone's BT menu (in iOS you have it forget the device) after you reset or try pairing again. The steps are: uninstall the app, remove or forget the watch from the phone's BT menu, factory reset the watch, reinstall the app, select Pair New on the app, select Pair New on watch (press down from the clock and select Phone>Pair New, not Sync) and follow the prompts on the phone. You should not be pairing the watch first through the phone's BT menu; it is all done through the app and you must have the phone forget the watch in the BT menu before re-pairing.

I hope this helps answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • bluboybluboy Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi , thanks. Will I loose my data?
    Superusers
    A factory reset will not cause you to lose any data, the watch syncs when you first plug it in, so everything is saved on TomTom Sports and your settings are reset afterwards. All you lose is the wheel size in cycling and turning splits on & off in running, as these are watch settings, not user settings. The history is erased from the watch, but this clears itself every 10 activities anyway. The music is on a different drive that is untouched during a reset and TomTom Sports is not affected. The reset itself takes less than 5 minutes.

I hope this helps answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • Palrus of OCRPalrus of OCR Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
    I would like to request a firmware downgrade
  • Palrus of OCRPalrus of OCR Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
    bluboy wrote: »
    Hi, since having latest firmware 1.7.64 I haven't been able to sync with phone. If I connect to mac it says not connected until I plug in the 2nd time then everything syncs inc to iPhone. Is this a firmware problem and if so can i be rolled back to previous please?

Thanks

Firmware downgrade for me also
  • maurosalvaticimaurosalvatici Posts: 1 [Apprentice Seeker]
    hi, since having latest firmware 1.7.64 the watch battery discharge very rapidly can I rollback to previous firmware?
    Superusers
    hi, since having latest firmware 1.7.64 the watch battery discharge very rapidly can I rollback to previous firmware?

Did you read the first response which specifically told you where to go to request a rollback (which was not here by the way)?

https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1117812/software-version-rollback-requests-battery-issues-runner-spark-watch-series#latest
This discussion has been closed.

Who's Online in this Category0