Wrong Town given when using device VIA 52 — TomTom Community

Wrong Town given when using device VIA 52

StarilStaril Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
edited January 30 in Map quality
Having purchased a new Via 52, I'm very disappointed to say the least. I updated via My Drive, and decided to try it out in my local area as I know the area. I placed a route on the device that was 1 3/4 miles from home, however, when in the car the device had the route on display showing a 188 mile journey. I drove to my destination and the device was showing I was going the wrong way, when we reached our destination it said, you have reached your destination, even though I didn't use their 188 mile route. Next trip was to local Doctors, the device took me on a route that made it impossible to enter the car park due to the route taking me on a one way system that has been in place for at least 20 years. Next going home, the route attempted to take me down a restricted 'busses only route' again been in place over 20 years. When planning said trips I put in Post Code and it shows a town five miles away with a totally different post code. My question to you is, how do I trust a device to take me on a 200 mile journey when it can't sort out a journey I have knowledge about?

Comments

• Ste7iosSte7ios Posts: 726 Superuser
    Staril wrote:
    My question to you is, how do I trust a device to take me on a 200 mile journey when it can't sort out a journey I have knowledge about?

You don't. Every map has errors and software has bugs. Nobody can guarantee you that all of the map content is 100% accurate. You have to double check that your destination and waypoints are correct.