Music in my TomTom watch — TomTom Community

Music in my TomTom watch

AndyandylegAndyandyleg Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
I got my new watch TomTom spark music and I have a problem with TomTom sports application, can not find music or reset item. After connecting the watch to the PC, only this window appears (in the attachment). I have uninstalled and reinstalled the application and the problem still persists. I have a problem with TmTOm sports cobnection, can not find music item or reset. After connecting the watch to the PC, only this window appears in the attachment. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the application and the problem still persists. Please tell me what to do, I want to listen to music during the run.47231afc-5082-46c7-8576-b35657f38dd0.jpg26774828-ec96-48f3-b9c8-c988b3ead128.jpg

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,732
    Superusers
    Are you getting any error messages when you plug the watch in or is it being recognized at all? Does the clock face change to a battery charging icon (which indicates it is getting power so there is a partial connection)? A few things to look at (and I apologize if some are very basic, but it is best to get past the obvious issues first):

1) Are you plugged directly into the machine and not a hub?
    2) Does the port work, can the computer detect other devices (like flash drives) in that port?
    3) Is the watch firmly snapped into the cradle and the USB plug firmly in the port?
    4) Is the USB port free of any debris or blockages?
    5) Is the Connect software running (is there an icon for it in the notification area)?
    6) Did you install Sports Connect, not MyDrive Connect? It is downloaded from tomtom.com/123
    7) Do you have administrator rights to the computer?
    8) Is a firewall or antivirus running that is blocking the software from connecting to TomTom (try turning them off before docking the watch)?
    9) Does the computer have a good Internet connection (Internet is required to sync)?
    10) Can you try installing it on a different machine to determine if it is an issue with the computer versus the watch?

Is there any damage to the pins in the charger or the contacts on the watch? If any of the pins are bent or deformed straighten them out with a pin and make sure the contacts on the back of the watch are free of tarnish or grime. Also make sure it is fully snapped into the cradle.

If nothing above helps you may have a bad dock or there may be computer setting blocking it. At that point I would suggest contacting Customer Support and seeing what they can do. They can more deeply investigate and diagnose problems than we can here on the user forum. To get in touch with Customer Support, choose Contact Us at the bottom of this page, select the service required and the product name and click Contact Customer Care and then Email Us or Chat (there is no longer phone support available for watches).

You say it is a new watch. I would take care with your buying decision considering TomTom left the wearables business over a year ago and is just selling out their inventory. All production and development has stopped and there will be no new features or changes to the existing features in the future, including fixing outstanding issues around battery drain and connectivity. If you are able, you may want to consider returning the device and going with another brand that is active in the sports watch market and intends to continue producing and supporting devices.

I hope this helps answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • AndyandylegAndyandyleg Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thanks, problem was really basic the watch wasn't firmly snapped into the cradle and the USB plug firmly in the port?.
    Thank you for your answer.
    Andy.