No maps available — TomTom Community

No maps available

ParcelgiantParcelgiant Posts: 7 [Master Traveler]
edited July 2 in MyDrive Connect
My 6000 says it is now up to date, on MyDrive Connect but on the device it says NO MAPs Available..........what is going on, 2 days it has been like this

Comments

• Charles7Charles7 Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    What is the solution to this problem?
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 14,975 Superusers
    edited June 26
    Hi
    @Parcelgiant @Charles7

On the early NAV4 devices you were allowed ONE Lifetime pre-installed Map... The 8GB on-board Memory size on the NAV4 devices is an unfortunate, but real Catch22 situation....
    The latest larger 9.13GB Full Europe Map wont fit....
    You need to install a Micro SDHC memory card
    The Map cannot be split across the on-board Memory and a Micro SDHC Card...The latest Full Europe Map is 9.13GB so a 8GB Memory Card is useless a 16GB or 32GB is required (32GB is the Max size Micro SDHC Card for a Tomtom device)
    Maybe @VikramK or @lampard the Forum Moderators will allocate a smaller Map to your Account
    The advantage of the small Map would be plenty of working space on the device and the smaller map will also act as a 'Keeper' (Don't remove the small Map)... The Small Map it will enable the device to keep running and avoid the Catch22 situation No Maps Found Error, where the device won't boot-up past the No Maps Found Error to allow access to the 'Format option' to allow the use of a 16GB or 32GB Micro SDHC memory card
    Also if you ever need to remove the Micro SDHC Card for any reason... Like transferring pre-planned routes via a Micro SDHC Card or Formatting a new/replacement Micro SDHC Card, the Keeper Map will allow the device to keep running

ATB YFM
    Help others identify useful content...
    If someone posted something that was helpful?
    Click the 'Like' > 👍 Icon

If someone answered your question?
    Please answer 'Yes' to Did this answer the question? 'Yes' < >' No'

Could you try uninstalling the map using the My Content tab in MyDrive Connect.

tsri0wapofok.png

Regards
    Vikram
    Have a question? Ask!
    Did a reply resolve your query, please mark it as answer!
    Try the search; the information you are looking for could already be available.
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 7,969 TomTom Moderator
    And I have also activated a smaller map for your device which can be installed on the internal memory of the device.

Regards
    Vikram
    Have a question? Ask!
    Did a reply resolve your query, please mark it as answer!
    Try the search; the information you are looking for could already be available.
  • eddie00taneddie00tan Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    My sat nav was working fine and it prompt me to update my map on my Via 1500. Then the map is wipe out and I cannot update it with mydrive connect. Anyone knows have a solution for this? Thanks
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 14,975 Superusers
    edited July 1
    Help others identify useful content...
    If someone posted something that was helpful?
    Click the 'Like' > 👍 Icon

If someone answered your question?
    Please answer 'Yes' to Did this answer the question? 'Yes' < >' No'