TT Home no longer works with XXL

bennwm
bennwm Registered Users Posts: 4
Apprentice Seeker
edited January 2019 in Devices using TomTom HOME
Started TT Home to configure an itinerary. Update was applied (after backup). Now I get an error message when I click on "Operate my XXL", claiming the combination of software, device, and OS are not currently supported. Worked fine a few weeks ago!
TT Home 2.11.4.175, Win7, XXL 540.

Tried uninstalling/reinstalling TT Home, but problem persists.

Comments

• dhn
    dhn Posts: 33,382
    Superuser
    That model has been deemed as End of Life by Tomtom. No further map or other updates.

but perhaps try this:

1) Uninstall TomTom Home

2) Download last "good" version from http://download.tomtom.com/sweet/application/releases/v2_9_91_411_win.exe

3) Install it without running ie, uncheck the 'Run Home' tick box when installation completes

4) Using Windows Explorer, navigate to
    C:\Program Files\TomTom HOME 2\xul (32 bit Windows)
    or
    C:\Program Files (x86)\TomTom HOME 2\xul (64 bit Windows)
    and find application.ini file

5) Edit application.ini file (you might need admin privileges) and modify "Version=2.9.91.411" to "Version=2.11.4.175"

6) Run TomTom Home. It will believe to be running latest version 2.11.4.175 and therefore not pull the update.
  • bennwm
    Apprentice Seeker
    So TomTom just crippled my device when the update was installed today?
  • bennwm
    Apprentice Seeker
    Excellent answer, dhn!!! Fixed the problem, and I can now create an itinerary for a trip this weekend.
  • Nelio
    Nelio Registered Users Posts: 1
    New Seeker
    Good afternoon! After updating via tomtom Home, my XXL gets stuck. It does not enter the map and the screen options are frozen. Can someone help me? Thank you
  • dhn
    dhn Posts: 33,382
    Superuser
    Try a drum reset on the unit by holding the power button about 20 seconds till you hear the drum sounds.