Calorie count differences

Elisa8301Elisa8301 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
I have been tracking my treadmill and gym workouts using my TomTom Spark watch. When I log into the app on my phone, on the main screen under the summary it states I have burned 820 kcal so far today. When I go under my activities and click on my treadmill workout it says 3,120 kcal under the workout summary. This does not make sense to me. Can someone please explain? I also sync these workouts with myfitnesspal and that is pulling in the 3120 kcal as well. When I look at this workout on my watch it states that I burned 38 cal (which also doesn't make sense).
Thanks!

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 15,190 [Superusers]
    There is often a lag between when it updates the app and real time so they may disagree. The 820 calories is your caloric burn just being alive since midnight and should eventually also capture the running calories. However, 3,120 calories for a treadmill workout seems excessive unless you were running for 4 or more hours. Keep in mind that treadmill mode does not use your HR for calories, it uses METs tables which are based on pace so if the distance was way off the pace will be as well, which will throw off the calories.

Follow these steps to force it to resync the activity tracking, it will reportedly fix issues with the data not syncing.

1) Plug the watch into the computer and in Sports Connect, click the Gear Icon
    2) Press CTRL (Windows) or CMD (MAC) on your keyboard while you hover your mouse over the reset button.
    3) You'll see the reset button turns into a "Turn Off" button.
    4) Click it, disconnect the watch and the screen will go dead.
    5) Reconnect the watch and it will wake up and should now update as usual.

I hope this helps answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • Elisa8301Elisa8301 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thank you! I also did a factory reset on my watch. Not sure which one worked, but it fixed the issue.

Thanks!