Smudged display — TomTom Community

Smudged display

SportnixSportnix Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
Dear community, I bought this watch about 14 months back and have rarely used for swimming . I use it mostly for indoor/outdoor runs. In spite of careful handling the display seems to have gone bad and is showing lines across the numbers. I reached out to support and was told its OOW and to go for a new watch. I was asking to atleast show me how or where to get this repaired for the money I spent but I got no help.
I have reset my watch but that did not help. I could have reported it a few months back when I first saw it but thought it was a software issue.

What can I do now ? I am so used to trackign with this watch that I need to get this fixed badly. Please tell me any suggestions you could have.

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,732
    Superusers
    You should have reported it before the warranty ran out unfortunately. TomTom has no way of verifying it happened while under warranty and the warranty is for defects reported within the warranty period. It is likely the waterproof seal failed but I am afraid you are out of luck and as Support said it is time for a new watch.

TomTom does not offer a repair service, and since you are OOW your only choice is to buy a new device. Do not buy another TT as TT Sports went out of business over a year ago and ceased all production and development. Go with another brand that is still active in the industry.

I imagine this is not what you were hoping to hear but let me know if this answered your question. If it did, please mark it as a solution so other can look for it if they have the same question.