Bricked my Runner 3 - TomTom website technical issues — TomTom Community

Bricked my Runner 3 - TomTom website technical issues

thegoatboythegoatboy Posts: 5 [Neophyte Traveler]
Hello,

I've been having some issues syncing my tom tom sports 3 watch. It was getting stuck on the tidying up task constantly.

I read on a post here that a factory reset of the watch would fix that. I've tried that, however it seems I am unable to log into my tom tom sports account.

I tried to register the watch, but I'm told that the account exists already.

if I try to log in, I'm told that the password is incorrect.

If I try to reset the password, I'm getting 502 errors.

I have been trying for over an hour to get this working and I am very frustrated.

The only support I can find is if I select my serial number, and since the watch is currently useless I can't do that either.

What can I do to fix my watch?

any help appreciated.

Comments

• xray79xray79 Posts: 160 [Renowned Wayfarer]
    I had the same issue (yesterday) that the registration page didn't work after the factory reset. I tried several times but you can also not regesiter via teh myconnect app and then sync and use the watch via the mobile app. Not sure if the user settings are correct after this but you can do this manually in the watch menu
  • thegoatboythegoatboy Posts: 5 [Neophyte Traveler]
    Seems like there was an issue with the website. Watch working now, but I'm back to my original problem
  • xray79xray79 Posts: 160 [Renowned Wayfarer]
    thegoatboy wrote:
    Seems like there was an issue with the website. Watch working now, but I'm back to my original problem
    are the bars in the memory empty? If not you might have a corrupted activity. I also have issues with tidying up and connecting ot the phone app. But in general if i follow these steps it works.
    1. open Bt on the phone
    2. open the app on the phone and wait for the looking for watch
    3. on your watch select on in the sync activities menu
    4. leave the app open and screen on untill you see synching in progress.
    5. after the sync/GPS update is complete close the app and disconnect watch (turn off sync in menu on watch)
    in general this works for me.