Problem with map update

NeddoneNeddone Posts: 59 [Prominent Wayfarer]
edited January 30 in Map installation
I have updated to the new MyDrive Connect version, no problem. Once done, I clicked on updates to get the new map and operating system it said was there for me to download. I clicked on 'install' and it told me I didn't have enough memory to download the updates and to delete un-needed items. I deleted the old map to make space which was fine, and it spent an hour 'updating'.

When my TT said 'Update Complete', it then showed a screen which said said 'No maps installed - re-install a map already owned'. I have since re-opened MyDrive and told it to update the new map and operating system, but it's been stuck on 'Getting ready' for nearly an hour now with nothing happening.

So, I have two questions - what do I do now to get the update onto my TT, and WHY are TT giving map updates that are too big for the unit? Shouldn't it automatically delete the old map and put the new one in it's place, without the need for me to delete the old one to make space? I now have a TT with no maps installed, and can't get the new one to install........................................ any suggestions gratefully received.

I'm using a Go5000 by the way.

Comments

• IvanukrIvanukr Posts: 6 [Master Traveler]
    Similarly, I can not update my device. (Go 620 Prof) updated the navigator software, but the cards are not updated, try again later, the previous card was deleted, and fresh one was deleted later. Damn it. Garmin such problems never occurred!
  • dhndhn Posts: 32,972 Superusers
    @Neddone

Get a 16 gb SanDisk card to handle map expansion and future maps.
    What do you advise. On board this miracle device professional 16 GB of memory. Why else are you offering to buy the memory?
  • NeddoneNeddone Posts: 59 [Prominent Wayfarer]
    @dhn Thanks for your response, but I shouldn't have to buy a SD card - the system should allow one map to be deleted and upgraded with the new one!

Anyway, that aside, I still have serious problems in not being able to communicate with my device, even though it says it is connected on the screen.

I have just spent 2 hours doing various things to try and get to the bottom of nothing being able to update onto the device:

1) Deleting the cache and downloading the new updates to my pc.
    2) Deleting existing MyDrive Connect, restarting the pc, then downloading a new MyDrive Connect.
    3) Hard reset of device, several times.
    4) Trying to delete various uneeded items such as camera positions in other countries - when I click on 'uninstall' it says 'Our servers are very busy' each time.
    5) Trying to re-install the newly downloaded map and Nav4 updates - it says 'waiting for device' and then has a big 'X' in the device screen on the PC, saying 'Some items did not load sucessfully, 'go back to My Content to rectify'.
    6) Exited MyDrive Connect and tried to open again, (several times) to be confronted with the following message on the screen:
    Error 503 Service Unavailable
    Guru Meditation
    XID:1357849423
    Varnish Cache Server

'My Device' on MyDrive Connect shows the old map, the cameras function, the voices etc, as being installed on the device. It offers me the option to install the new updates, but then fails after a few minutes and says 'Some items did not load sucessfully, 'go back to My Content to rectify'. I've tried several times now, including different ports on the pc, and even different USB cables, but each time it is the same.
    I don't know what else to try..............
    Try support:

:flag_gb: United Kingdom
    02079 490 132
    Monday - Friday: 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.

With regards to the 503 error, I suspect some of TT's servers are acting up.
    I've given you the thumbs up for now @dhn - I'll save the 'Mark as solution' on your reply until they fix it it!
  • ParcelgiantParcelgiant Posts: 7 [Master Traveler]
    I am having similar problems with my Go6000, it gave me 4 updates spent 2 hours downloading only to be told there was an error and couldnt update all the files, so I uninstalled the updates, TT says no maps available, Reinstall a map you already own so I tried going to reinstall a map from MyDrive Connect and it keeps starting the download for the updates, how do I stop it downloading the updates so I can install the Map
    also getting this error
    Error 503 Service Unavailable

Service Unavailable

Guru Meditation:

XID: 200632761

Varnish cache server
    And you customer service desk is constantly engaged
    Yes, and yes, @Parcelgiant. Exactly the same with my download/update, and exactly the same with customer services. I'm now at the end of my tether - if it's not just me experiencing this, then why the F... is nobody from TT doing anything about it?
    I now have £300 worth of totally useless tech and no sign of any help............
    It's still doing exactly the same thing today with the 503 error message, and 'our servers are busy' when I try to log into MyDrive Connect. If TT servers are playing up, as @dhn suggests, then surely they should be fixed by now, or is the problem either a) more serious than they are saying, or b) nothing of the sort, but a problem with something else?
    Neddone wrote:
    Yes, and yes, @Parcelgiant. Exactly the same with my download/update, and exactly the same with customer services. I'm now at the end of my tether - if it's not just me experiencing this, then why the F... is nobody from TT doing anything about it?
    I now have £300 worth of totally useless tech and no sign of any help............
    I have just downloaded TT to mobile and had to pay for a year as I need to use a Sat Nav in an hour to go into London, I have spare TT but they need updating too
    I'm having to use Google Maps on my phone.........
    All the fault of the protection of the company. which gives nothing to do with the corpse while they have problems.
    I need to go, and I wait until the company wakes up
    When will someone come back with a fix for this issue, I am still getting loads of issues and your customer support number is constantly engaged, maybe you can call me, .............If I offered this service to my customers they would stop using me TT take note
    @Parcelgiant

Delete your phone number from your post. This is a public forum and you are opening yourself up to all sorts of grief by showing it.
    Just got this reply from the TT FB page, @Neddone, @dhn , @Ivanukr
    Hi, the issues you are having and the errors you have received are due to server issues we are currently experiencing. Our team are working to resolve the issues and this should be resolved soon and then you will be able to re install the map to the device. We apologise for the inconvenience caused.

Cheers, TomTom Team
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 6,537 TomTom Moderator
    Shared and update here:

https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/travel-lounge-154/problems-with-mydrive-connect-and-accessing-tomtom-services-on-the-device-1041706

You may want to subscribe to that topic as I will post back once I have some news to share.

Thanks
    Vikram
    Have a question? Ask!
    Did a reply resolve your query, please mark it as answer!
    Try the search; the information you are looking for could already be available.