Beta team

12346»

Comments

• DarrenjugginsDarrenjuggins Posts: 7 [Master Explorer]
    Hi,

Sorry Been away the Twitter account to ask on is:

@TomTom

Just DM them and politely ask.

It’s just been updated to what is close to the final beta, with stability improvements.

Can’t say much else due to the T&Cs but feel free to ask via twitter for access.

Kindest Regards
    Darren
  • LePaul1LePaul1 Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi Darren, how do I give feedback please
  • davsdavs Posts: 4 [Apprentice Seeker]
    It seems Tomtom is going to follow steps from Nokia.
    No updates, no news, no answers ...
    I haven’t renew my subscription and I’m not using Tom Tom any more until it becomes CarPlay compatible because it’s a security concern while driving.
    What a pity
  • Tamas74Tamas74 Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi There,

I would like to join the carplay beta to test the new version from Hungary. I haven’t received any E-mails yet. How can I be invited?

Tamas
  • Mancy1980Mancy1980 Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    Hi i have 2 devices and the mobile app - which does not show on my account for some reason - would love to try the beta carplay - how do i sign up for this please?
  • DarrenjugginsDarrenjuggins Posts: 7 [Master Explorer]
    LePaul1 wrote: »
    Hi Darren, how do I give feedback please

Hi you give feedback by going into Test Flight, pressing on the TomTom Navigation App (under Apps) and then you will see the options to "Send Beta Feedback"

That's the way i've been sending comments back about the Beta... Hope this helps, there doesn't seem to be any other way or a Beta Forum just for testers.

Cheers
    Darren
  • BydandieBydandie Posts: 23 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    edited May 24
    Well I've got access to the beta after sending a DM to the @TomTom twitter account. It's a good app, with a couple of bugs.
  • PalfermanPalferman Posts: 94 [Sovereign Trailblazer]
    edited May 24
    So we get an announcement more than 3 weeks ago that the new app is ready soon !! Cmon Tom Tom get on with it , just release it. I remember buying a state of the art Go5000 at considerable expense when it first came out. That was supposed to have been beta tested but those original buyers ended up beta testing for a good 12 months, it was fun getting it right but we did it in then end so just do it.
    Hi @DougLap
    I know I’m just desperate to try it on carplay
    Rgds
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 2,554 Superuser
    HI @Palferman

So am I . I have just got a car with the CarPlay facility and so have been looking at what the current options are like knowing that a Tomtom version is coming. I cannot say I am impressed. The other day I tried Google on a 160 mile journey. It failed to announce a number of the cameras on the M25 so did it miss others? The junction announcements were often late and no indication of speed limits as I drove along.I was glad I had my GO6200 with me running in the background

It does not help when I tried a short test to see what route it would suggest locally. The recommended route was fine whilst the 1/2 mile longer one alternative offered included a 6'6" width restriction, a 3t Weak Bridge and a road that has vegetation that would touch both sides at the same time.

If the app Is fairly similar to the current iOS App but has some of the options the Android version has but the iOS hasn't and some other additional features then I am sure I will be happy to give it a good try.

Doug
    Hi @DougLap
    Look absolutely agree. My circumstances have changed in the last year. After doing probably 30000 Miles plus a year in uk France and Italy my go 5000 was the t bees knees I wouldn’t go anywhere without it and I’ve lost count of the number of times it got me out of trouble. Now I’ve had to change the car and the satnav I’ve got isn’t up to scratch that’s why I want to Tomtom on car play and I’m prepared to pay!!
  • JürgenJürgen Posts: 4,742 Community Manager
    We stopped on-boarding for the beta test a while ago. We had a back log of request which was fixed yesterday. This is a manual, time consuming process.

The app was supposed to be out by now. Therefore the teaser email. But unforeseen circumstances forced us to postpone.
  • PrivateerUKPrivateerUK Posts: 302 [Exalted Navigator]
    Jürgen wrote: »
    The app was supposed to be out by now. Therefore the teaser email. But unforeseen circumstances forced us to postpone.

Hi Jürgen,

No need to worry about delays - your (TomTom's) paying customers are used to waiting... waiting... waiting... ;) :s

By the way, could you tell me if any work will ever be done on the following things that we've been asking for since GO Mobile iOS was released over 3 years ago:
    1. Dangerous lag at junctions and roundabouts followed by screen wobble for over correction.
    2. Display not so easy to read (red on black). Also screen display switches between distance and time to go. We need both at all times.
    3. Uses fractions instead of easier to read decimals when set to miles – when set to km miraculously get decimals.
    4. Next instruction isn’t shown until with 2 miles, it needs to be shown all the time and count down, even if initially over 99 miles away.
    5. No advance planning where you can set the day or time.
    6. Right hand info bar is useless and configuration options almost non-existent.
    7. 3D maps are annoying, to large (e.g. Europe is over 8GB as opposed to 2GB).
    8. Cannot report map problems or mark a road as closed for SatNav to take into account.
    9. No POIs show on route. No MyDrive support. More importantly Custom POIs are not supported, we need them to show on map and navigation screens.
    10. No URL Scheme, so another app cannot start SatNav or use a URL in an email to start app with destination.
    Regards,
  • LoriWLoriW Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    Hi there, I see that there are a huge number of posts here about joining the beta team as well as the Tomtom Go app on Apple CarPlay. I love the Tomtom app and have been using it pretty much since its inception - sorry but my preference is very much to have everything in one box, ie my phone than to carry separate devices.
    I’d love to be part of the team testing the app if possible - just got a new car which connects via CarPlay and really none of the free navigation apps work as well as Tomtom’s paid app. It would seem a real shame to have an amazing touchscreen display and virtual cockpit and then stick a phone and holder onto the windscreen/air vent!
  • Niels MøllerNiels Møller Posts: 0 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Hi.

Is it possible to become betatester of TOMTOM Go to apple carplay?

Best regards

Niels
  • wilksywilksy Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    Could you please advise when Go will be able to be used via Car Play like others I cant justify renewing the subscription services until it is available.

I have been a TomTom app user since as long as I can remember but now almost all new cars have Car Play it is something that should be easily available by now.
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 2,554 Superuser
    edited May 30
    HI @wilksy

Why can't you justify the renewal. They have announced the prices for the App when it is available and if you are running the current app at the time you will be changed over to the new one until the end of your paid up period.

Doug
  • ANDYATTEXEREANDYATTEXERE Posts: 0 [New Seeker]
    How do I get the beta version for the Go app on my iphone just got apple car play in my new motor and can't live without tom tom
  • lampardlampard Posts: 3,959 TomTom Moderator
    Hi there,

We started rolling out TomTom GO Navigation (with CarPlay support) to a small number of users. The rest will follow soon. I'm closing this thread now for new comments, Please refer to this thread for more information:
    https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1112145/new-tomtom-go-navigation-app-ios/p1

Thanks, lampard
    Help others find useful content by clicking the like button and selecting the best answer to your question! You can check out our Knowledge Base and find the best comments on the Community here.
    Most important of all, have fun and be kind to one another!

This discussion has been closed.

Who's Online40

Alpe2016
Alpe2016
Axel166
Axel166
dibro
dibro
Didg
Didg
DougLap
DougLap