Beta team

Comments

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 2,612 Superuser
    Hi @JV2019

Tomtom have already said that they have closed the list for Beta testers and like many companies they do not state/advertise when a new product or App is coming out.

Doug
  • MarkJWilcoxMarkJWilcox Posts: 5 [Master Traveler]
    I’m extremely disappointed, as are others here, that long time users of the TomTom app weren’t all sent this email to beta test the CarPlay feature we’ve long been waiting for. I understand that we couldn’t all have participated but it could have been on a first come first served basis between all of us. I’ve only found out about this as I check every month or so what developments have occurred.

I appreciated when you decided to move on from the old app, even though it didn’t start off well, that you gave us who paid full price for the app a couple of years free but the last few months not having CarPlay available has meant I’ve not had use of my TomTom app - remember the recent change in the law making using a phone navigation app essentially illegal.

Please assure all long-time TomTom app users that we will be told as soon as CarPlay becomes available. As you have run the beta testing period, do you have a rough idea of when that will be?

All the best,

Mark.
  • jimmyuknowjimmyuknow Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
    I have used TomTom app for iOS from the very beginning and have eagerly been awaiting the CarPlay version. I never received any email's about the BETA program and cannot believe that TomTom still have not released this to the CarPlay market. We are now in March 2019 and there are now a number of nav apps available for CarPlay. I'd gladly pay for the TomTom version WHEN it is released but no way am I renewing my subscription for an iOS app when I can use google CarPlay. Kinda disappointed in TomTom for dragging this out but like any customer, best way to make your point is to NOT purchase and go elsewhere ! Shame as TomTom has to the best app and I have used it all over Europe and the States without fault.
  • ANGELO_HBKANGELO_HBK Posts: 1 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Can I join the beta program for iOS.
  • CeppettoCeppetto Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
    Hi guys,

I’m new here. I’ve been using tomtom for many years now.
    I live in the Florence region and I’ve waited for a long tine to start using tomtom on carplay.

I’m daily in and around Florence an twice a week in Bologna. It would be great if I can help you guys becoming a beta tester.

Thanks in advance for your reply.
  • Pablo Kessler SaizPablo Kessler Saiz Posts: 1 [Apprentice Seeker]
    I am a subscriber of Iphone's TomTom Go mobile and an iOS 12 beta tester. How can I get the beta version of TomTom Go for Apple CarPlay?
  • didineedthisdidineedthis Posts: 0 [Apprentice Seeker]
    i needed apple carplay for my tomtom go mobile as my phone is tiny compaired to my 9inch screen in my charriot. i will not renewing my subscription as i have now installed Waze as it supports apple car play. wasnt even emailed for a beta test.
    waze all the way for me from now on!!
  • Lee Mills Lee Mills Posts: 1 [Apprentice Seeker]
    I would also like to register my interest for the beta programme.
    Many thanks.
  • JanschelstraeteJanschelstraete Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
    uyc6rwngssq6.png
  • guchtereguchtere Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    uyc6rwngssq6.png

Good to know that spring already started a week or 2 ago! B)
  • JC_AUJC_AU Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Waze & Google Maps all had support within a month of CarPlay supporting third party apps.

NHL Gamecenter just released CarPlay support, still nothing for our navigation app.

I want to get my phone off my dash, this is the last holdup.
  • Graham1279Graham1279 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
    ANY CHANCE I COULD JOIN THE BETA TESTING PROGRAM?
  • PiesPies Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    I have an account but have also never received an email.

Please would it be possible to join the beta program for CarPlay.

Thanks again.
  • LePaul1LePaul1 Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    It is disappointing that we are not being given some more accurate updates from TomTom. I understand that they want their release to be excellent etc and that as their app has much more to it than Waze etc there is more needed in their build but something to inform us regularly would be much appreciated
  • Thomi999Thomi999 Posts: 0 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Please add me to your CarPlay beta program.
    Thanks/Thomas
  • PrivateerUKPrivateerUK Posts: 305 [Exalted Navigator]
    It's been 4 months since the CarPlay beta program has been opened up to a select few.

In my experience, once a product has reached the stage of beta testing most of the problems have already been ironed out in the alpha testing by the development team themselves. I really would have expected in the (currently) four months that use by real users of the app in real environments would have by now proved or disproved the CarPlay program.

So, for those of us not in the CarPlay beta program, would somebody from TomTom please give us some feedback on how the CarPlay beta program is going together with a timeline for release?

BTW, I don't have access to any vehicle with a CarPlay head unit but I am interested in how long it takes TomTom to do get the CarPlay beta program working as it indicates how fast TomTom could deal with other issues such as adding other features that we've requested:
    1. Custom POI support in MyDrive.
    2. POI icons to appear on the screen.
    3. URL Scheme support.
    4. Map size reduction i.e. remove unnecessary 3D buildings.
    5. Show decimal not fractions when using miles as units.
    6. Show both remaining distance and remaining journey time at the same time.

The above features are just an example of what we would like as there are other features as well.
  • Rd50Rd50 Posts: 0 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Could I please be included in the beta testing for Tom Tom go with apple car play, I do not have any other sat nav application
  • DarrenjugginsDarrenjuggins Posts: 7 [Master Explorer]
    Hi,

People wishing to have the opportunity to be part of the Beta Team should ask via Twitter.

I had a one of the Beta team contact me within 24 hours from me DMing them via Twitter and a Link to be part of the Beta Trial.

It's worth a try, worked for me.

Kindest Regards
    Darren
  • LePaul1LePaul1 Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Darren can you tell us which Twitter account please
  • AdrenalinejAdrenalinej Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    Hi Lampard, Is there any chance I can get added to the trial. I already trial other apps on test flight. I am keen to get Tomtom working on Carplay so I can loose all the wires. I look forward to hearing from you. Thanks.
  • alanJWalanJW Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
    I never received a TestFlight invite code any chance I could be sent one? Thanks.
  • BydandieBydandie Posts: 23 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    alanJW wrote: »
    I never received a TestFlight invite code any chance I could be sent one? Thanks.

Me too please 😃
  • fredaroony2fredaroony2 Posts: 111 [Prominent Wayfarer]
    After all this time they still haven't released it and when they do it wont be able to sync routes from MyDrive.

Utterly pathetic and shows how little Tomtom care
  • PhilonPhilon Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    Hi,
    Can I be part of Beta with CarPlay please?
  • Kingman1971Kingman1971 Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    I would like if it is possible to be part of the beta program Tom Tom CarPlay. I travel a lot to the USA, France and Italie
This discussion has been closed.

Who's Online56

DougLap
DougLap
hamsterlange
hamsterlange
Meppel
Meppel
Spoutnix
Spoutnix
Trend43
Trend43