Beta team - Page 4 — TomTom Community

Beta team

Comments

• mephisto66mephisto66 Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hello everyone,

I was invited to the beta tester program. I must say that this version for carplay is absolutely good, very stable and clear.

The traffic management is excellent.

Very good job of the team!

• HaymanjhHaymanjh Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
    When will this version be on general public release?
  • GO Mobile iOSGO Mobile iOS Posts: 1 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Currently beta version of the carplay application is being tested
  • RemifentanilRemifentanil Posts: 1 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Please let us have it! if only in beta
  • shengsheng Posts: 2 [Novice Seeker]
    I have used TomTom AUSTRALIA iPhone App and TomTom Go mobile for about the last 6 to 7 years. I have not received the invitation email for the beta, but I am definitely interested in signing up for the CarPlay beta for Go mobile.
  • sir_clasir_cla Posts: 38 [Outstanding Explorer]
    Great News
    I can not stand anymore having to use the Iphone screen and I do not want to use Gmaps or Waze or Apple Maps
  • Nuno MiguelNuno Miguel Posts: 14 [Legendary Explorer]
    How can i enter beta test program on Android? Thank you
  • JV2019JV2019 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I am in the same boat as you guys and can't wait for TT to sign off beta testing and release it to the general public. I hope they don't end up being like Kodak, whereby it was leading camera company and could not keep up with the technology and lost to other players in the market. I hope and pray that TT can maintain their market share and provide quick support for such small things.
  • Sjbrown555Sjbrown555 Posts: 1 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Hi. Where do we provide feedback on beta product?
  • rb3rnardirb3rnardi Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    How can i enter beta test program on IOS? Thanks
  • iphone99_un17iphone99_un17 Posts: 13 [Legendary Explorer]
    Want my money? release it! ;)

Looking forward to this release, please don't drag it out too long. Be great to get a some sort of official comment on progress, or confirmed feature "teasers" if possible. For us poor buggers that missed out :'(

Cheers
  • robpzx6robpzx6 Posts: 4 [Master Traveler]
    I have used TomTom as my Satnav since first having a Go300 quite a number of years ago now, I moved from that to the original TomTom app for iphone and changed to Go Mobile when it came out - I have my unlimited Nav ending soon - on 16/3/19.

I have a car that has Apple Car Play, so ideally prefer to use Satnav via that - the car also has built in Satnav, but it's terrible in comparison to TomTom, so i never use that!
    I travel between 25-30000 miles a year and always have the TomTom on to keep me updated with traffic even when I know where I'm going. It's a real shame that TomTom haven't yet got this feature sorted.

I tried out Google maps on it yesterday on a 300 mile round trip & found it works much the same as TomTom, navigating me around traffic and warning of speed cameras - and it's free!

It really has made me think twice about why I need to spend the money with TomTom when I still have to use it on my phone and not via carplay.

It would be nice if TomTom would actually come out with a date for when it'll be released to work with Carplay - I imagine there's a large amount of us who had the 3 year deal for moving over from the old app and with technology moving on whilst the app appears to stand still, TomTom may lose a lot of users who've been loyal to the brand for many years :-(
  • robpzx6robpzx6 Posts: 4 [Master Traveler]
    lampard wrote: »
    Hi All,

We would like to thank you for your interest in the beta test. Yesterday, the inclusion of new beta testers for our app on Apple CarPlay for all regions ended.

We will continue to email you when our solution for Apple CarPlay will be available to all users.

Cheers, lampard

As i never received an email inviting me to the Beta and it seems many others didn't can't say I have confidence in receiving notification of this???
  • DavidQPRDavidQPR Posts: 25 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    If TomTom progress with the speed they have since they discontinued the brilliant iOS app I reckon we can expect it to be released 2023.
  • disarcidisarci Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Yes.... waiting for long.... now I bought sygic... for my carplay. Sorry Tom
  • JosephlgnJosephlgn Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
    The Tomtom Go app tells me my subscription will expire in a couple of weeks and invites me to renew. I’d be a considerably more likely to if I could try the app on CarPlay.
  • RosieiRosiei Posts: 23 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    I have been a Tom Tom Go mobile customer for as long as its been available and I never received an invite by email to become a beta tester. Bit fed up about this. Obviously some people got missed out !! Can I get an invite now !
  • RosieiRosiei Posts: 23 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    Josephlgn wrote: »
    The Tomtom Go app tells me my subscription will expire in a couple of weeks and invites me to renew. I’d be a considerably more likely to if I could try the app on CarPlay.
    Me too.
    I’ll not be paying for a TT subscription without seeing if I like it on CarPlay. Plenty of other free Apps out there ,( who were far more on the ball
    With releasing car play than TT !!!! I’ve had TOMTOM since they were very first released years ago and I would like to stay loyal. But there comes a time when you wonder whether they value our loyalty.
    Come on TT let’s have CarPlay “ before “ our subscriptions run out !!
  • edoardedoard Posts: 16 [Outstanding Explorer]
    I won’t renew without having seen the app on CarPlay first.
    And I never received an email for the beta program either, despite having been a subscriber for years.
  • PrivateerUKPrivateerUK Posts: 326 [Supreme Pioneer]
    Whilst it's good that TomTom is doing some work on GO Mobile iOS, which is a mature app albeit in only age but not functions, could anybody tell me if TomTom is just working on CarPlay or are a lot of the issues raised in the last 3 years being addressed as well?
  • bruceybrucey Posts: 165 [Renowned Trailblazer]
    A quick question about the iOS app as I might be tempted to switch when Carplay is available properly and retire my 6200.

If I get a phone call whilst using, does the traffic then drop out or is it still received?

This would be the biggie for me as well as available features compared with the PND.

Thanks
  • DavidQPRDavidQPR Posts: 25 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    edited March 6
    My subscription runs out tomorrow. I have just bought Sygic as I am fed up with the missing features, the lag, no car play, lack of updates etc. I have had Tomtom for many many years but its now farewell. Judging by the lack of responses on this forum from Tomtom they don't give a stuff about us
  • manuel.de.graciamanuel.de.gracia Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
    I would like to join to the beta team, from Spain!

Best regards
  • JV2019JV2019 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    It seems the comments are falling on deaf ears or they are going towards a black hole in space. Like other readers, I am also seriously considering if I will renew my subscription in the coming month.
This discussion has been closed.

Who's Online42

Bembo
Bembo
DougLap
DougLap
Fazer-Thom
Fazer-Thom
Justyna
Justyna
KJP
KJP