Beta team - Page 3 — TomTom Community

Beta team

Comments

• Veusy1974Veusy1974 Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    Hello,
    I'm using TomTom Go for years now on iPhone.
    I would like to test the Beta program, but did not received an e-mail.

It is it possible to join the beta program ?
    Saw this on the UK site

[h1]TOMTOM & APPLE CARPLAY[/h1]Due to the overwhelming response, we can no longer accept applications to the beta program. Thank you for your interest!
  • lampardlampard Posts: 4,222 TomTom Moderator
    Hi All,

We would like to thank you for your interest in the beta test. Yesterday, the inclusion of new beta testers for our app on Apple CarPlay for all regions ended.

We will continue to email you when our solution for Apple CarPlay will be available to all users.

Cheers, lampard
    lampard wrote:
    We will continue to email you when our solution for Apple CarPlay will be available to all users.

Thx Lampard,

is there already an estimated release date ?
  • guchtereguchtere Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I didn't receive any e-mail... Did you e-mail all your customers?
    What period will this carplay version have the beta status before you will release it?
  • SusanJLoweSusanJLowe Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I didn’t receive an invitation either so I'm very disappointed not to be able to take part.
  • rdstewart14rdstewart14 Posts: 1 [Apprentice Seeker]
    TomTom need to sort the CarPlay out as soon as possible. In it's absence I’m using Google Maps and some of the recent improvements make it better than TomTom. I especially like that you can now touch on a railway station and it shows you the station departure board. As more people get more familiar with Google Maps, I can see a lot of users not renewing their TomTom subscription. I feel that TomTom are being left behind in the Navigation market.
  • oleg78oleg78 Posts: 8 [Legendary Explorer]
    Hi, inhave received the research link, which i have filled in and sent, it was 3 days ago, am i eligible to receive the link for the app download, or am i out???

thanks
  • RTwoRTwo Posts: 53 [Master Traveler]
    oleg78 wrote:
    Hi, inhave received the research link, which i have filled in and sent, it was 3 days ago, am i eligible to receive the link for the app download, or am i out???

thanks

Yeah, me too

Not sure if that means I missed the cut or it'll take them a few days
  • guchtereguchtere Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thinking about not testing the app live, is it possible to post some screens from the userinterface? So we can at least comment about how the interface does look like?
  • K2NTYK2NTY Posts: 1 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Disappointed not to have received an email inviting me to the trial, tried to fill in the application form but due to overwhelming demand they're not accepting any more users. Have you any idea when the full version will be released? some screen shots and beta user feedback would also be good - it shouldn't be hard to get due to the overwhelming number of people trialling the beta version out
  • zongorolzongorol Posts: 1 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Long time TomTom user ( EE, WE and Go) on both Android and iOS. Would love to test the CarPlay-enabled beta (iPhone X 256 GB with iOS 12.1.2 and Suzuki Vitara SLDA).
    Next week will drive around 2000 km in 3 countries, with 2 long trips (cca 600 km each, 9 to 10 hours drive). Thought it would make an interesting test case.
  • DinnsenDinnsen Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Hi Lampard,

I'm using the GO Mobile App on iPhone XS and would like to join the program. The application form seams to be closed, but I can see that you send invitations to some people, can you send a invitation to me?

Thanks, and best regards
    /Christian, DK
    Hi All,

As mentioned in my previous reply, we can no longer accept applications to the beta program due to overwhelming response.

Since the solution is still in beta, please do not disclose any screenshots.

Cheers, lampard
  • JonFromUKJonFromUK Posts: 1 [Apprentice Seeker]
    I am an avid user and subscriber of TomTom Go for iOS but never received an email for the beta test. A great pity as I strongly believe it's traffic info and re-routing is the best available. I am desperate to use it with my new Golf Mk7.5 (CarPlay).

Any chance of a beta invite? I do about 14K miles a year with 80% on UK motorways.
  • IanVWCarPlayIanVWCarPlay Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
    I filled in the online questions and was told i would get a email which hasn't come so guess not in luck. shame as a 40K a year driver and really like the TomTom routing and traffic over the standard VW system but the app is hard work unless you also play music from the phone as mostly will not return the system back to radio after instructions.

have just TomTom on an off over the years and always my fall back selection as just works not sure about all the issues others talk about not seen these.

Please get the Car Play out there as an option even if not fully sorted please have both apps on the site to allow us to select. I drive into Europe 3-4 times a year and normally end up driving around the USA at some point in the year as well.
  • DinnsenDinnsen Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
    lampard wrote:
    Hi All,

As mentioned in my previous reply, we can no longer accept applications to the beta program due to overwhelming response.

Since the solution is still in beta, please do not disclose any screenshots.

Cheers, lampard

As if we haven’t waited long enough. How many month?

Waze it is until.
  • marcatkinmarcatkin Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Having used the beta for a couple
    of days I’d like to submit some feedback. Could you advise how to go about this, I see you intend to send out a feedback form in a couple of weeks but I’d like to make a couple of points regardless.

also, given that I’m sure I’ve seen tomtom themselves post a video or two of the beta online why can we not post a screenshot so as to enable making a post of discussion clearer.
  • GallackGallack Posts: 4 [Master Traveler]
    edited January 23
    I‘m a TomTom user for a very long time and an early user since it ever appeared on iOS.

First, I am very sad for your team needing so much time to get it compatible with CarPlay. Second, I must say that I am extremely disappointed the way you excluded me from beta testing.
  • lghjope1980lghjope1980 Posts: 16 [Master Traveler]
    There are a number of people who are currently beta testing the new TomTom app with CarPlay, me being 1 of them, it’s looking good so far
  • Abarth_PistaAbarth_Pista Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    could you tell how can I be a tester too?
    could you tell how can I be a tester too?
    Hi there,

Please see my response here: https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/tomtom-go-mobile-and-navigation-for-iphone-ipad-29/beta-team-1041615/index3.html#post1243670

Cheers, lampard
  • Ca9phoenixCa9phoenix Posts: 1 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Hi, I have been using go mobile on iOS for almost 3 years and my email was wrong until recently. Could I please be added to the beta, picking up a CarPlay enabled car next week and would love to keep using my TomTom. Thank you.

update... I see the beta has ended a week ago, gutted I missed it. ?
  • Abarth_PistaAbarth_Pista Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Hi lampard,

these beta was only for uk?

in Portugal we don’t had the chance?

Do do you already knows the timeline to in productive?
    kind regards
  • derekt10_un59derekt10_un59 Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    edited January 28
    When will we be able to use our tomtom software on carplay
This discussion has been closed.

Who's Online29

1000 SP1
1000 SP1
Beechtomtom
Beechtomtom
Fedupyetagain
Fedupyetagain