Beta team

Comments

• DCJ001DCJ001 Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    lampard wrote:
    Hi everyone!

Today all GO Mobile app (iOS) users should have received an e-mail explaining how to request access to Apple CarPlay functionality in our beta application. As the beta has limited availability, we want to give priority to GO Mobile customers.

If you have an Apple CarPlay enabled car stereo/head unit and would like to join the Apple CarPlay beta, please follow the instructions in the email you’ve received to request access to the beta.

Happy Driving & Cheers!
    lampard

I have used TomTom U.S.A iPhone App and TomTom Go mobile for about the last 6 to 7 years. I have not received the invitation email for the beta, but I am definitely interested in signing up for the CarPlay beta for Go mobile.
  • martypetermartypeter Posts: 7 [Legendary Explorer]
    I drive 25,000mile per year and have used Tom Tom since it was on the palm.....
    Hit me up with some beta testing so I don’t have to use Waze!
    ;-)
  • TurboshedTurboshed Posts: 7 [Master Explorer]
    I completed the form but it hasn’t acknowledged that my information has been sent. I use TomTom Go IOS daily and cover 30,000-40,000 miles a year and would really like to try out TomTom with CarPlay
  • IanVWCarPlayIanVWCarPlay Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Hi, I have a VW Passat 2018 with CarPlay and using a Apple iPhone 6s on the beta program so currently running 12.1.3.

Now you are testing the app for CarPlay I have just brought the 12 months package as was planning to use in the USA later but would love to use as my everyday sat nav as the VW one is't great.

can you send me the link to get on the beta test program for the app as this would be great to support TomTom.

Thanks
  • Mollison92Mollison92 Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    lampard wrote:
    Hi everyone!

Today all GO Mobile app (iOS) users should have received an e-mail explaining how to request access to Apple CarPlay functionality in our beta application. As the beta has limited availability, we want to give priority to GO Mobile customers.

If you have an Apple CarPlay enabled car stereo/head unit and would like to join the Apple CarPlay beta, please follow the instructions in the email you’ve received to request access to the beta.

Happy Driving & Cheers!
    lampard

I too was an active TomTom user until there was no CarPlay support. I have an active account and use the GO app from time to time and have not received a beta invite email either!

So further info on how to access this would be great!
    Thanks Lampard! App installed so I’ll give it a ‘go’ on my drive home.

How did you end up getting beta access?
  • Graham1279Graham1279 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
    No email received inviting me
  • StuBFrostStuBFrost Posts: 8 [Master Traveler]
    You have to register at https://www.tomtom.com/en_gb/carplay-betasignup/ and then if you get picked you fill in a research form and then you may get invited. I did this and it took about 2 days overall.
    StuBFrost wrote:
    You have to register at https://www.tomtom.com/en_gb/carplay-betasignup/ and then if you get picked you fill in a research form and then you may get invited. I did this and it took about 2 days overall.

Awesome thanks,

I filled out the form, submitted and then the form cleared. Am I to assume that it went through or...?
    Mollison92 wrote:
    StuBFrost wrote:
    Awesome thanks,

I filled out the form, submitted and then the form cleared. Am I to assume that it went through or...?

Mine did that and went through fine.
  • matteolesinigomatteolesinigo Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I would also love to help, looking for an offline CarPlay integrated navigation app since long and was extremely happy about the TomTom Western Europe iOS App before the release of tomtom go. Can you please add me to your beta program?

Thanks

Matteo
  • brianrytmanbrianrytman Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I would really like an e-mail... Google Maps is just not the same :)
  • lampardlampard Posts: 3,959 TomTom Moderator
    Hi All,

For an opportunity to join the TomTom Beta Program to test Apple CarPlay, please sign up here: https://www.tomtom.com/en_gb/carplay-betasignup/

Please note: we've limited availability and priority will be given to users that already have CarPlay enabled and are located worldwide to ensure global coverage. Places are currently offered on a first come, first served basis but more spaces may become available in the near future.

Cheers, lampard
    Help others find useful content by clicking the like button and selecting the best answer to your question! You can check out our Knowledge Base and find the best comments on the Community here.
    Most important of all, have fun and be kind to one another!

• robik130robik130 Posts: 14 [Master Explorer]
    lampard wrote:
    Hi All,
    Cheers, lampard

Are you planning to release the updated beta with new features?
    Currently, the program works very well, but it lacks the most important - traffic information bar, as it is on the phone screen.
  • RTwoRTwo Posts: 53 [Master Traveler]
    No email here either

I'd love to get Go Mobile working with CarPlay

Not sure how they selected beta testers but I have a subscription for GO Mobile until 2020 and other devices paid up such as a Rider

Come on guys, look after your loyal customers
    RTwo wrote:
    No email here either

I'd love to get Go Mobile working with CarPlay

Not sure how they selected beta testers but I have a subscription for GO Mobile until 2020 and other devices paid up such as a Rider

Come on guys, look after your loyal customers

Have you signed up for the beta ?
    StuBFrost wrote:

Yeah, just
    RTwo wrote:
    StuBFrost wrote:

Yeah, just

Mine took 24 hours to get a research link to fill in and submit and then another day after that.
    Cool,

I'll wait patiently
  • Jason ReekersJason Reekers Posts: 4 [Master Traveler]
    I tried to sign up to the beta programme. It won’t let me! Just keeps going blank when I hit send. 840f82b2-d4f7-471b-87a3-126b0d56b522.jpg
    What a waste of time. I will probably miss out now. Very disappointed.
    See ya!!! I’m going over to Waze. Less hassle. I did prefer TomTom, but after all this time I’m used to being without it now. You just left it too late.
  • marcatkinmarcatkin Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I wouldn't mind getting in on this, I've been using a tom tom app of some sort since around 2010, used to love the old version before I was forced to use the inferior new app. I went via the link to the beta test application but as yet haven't had an invite.

Got a fairly new Audi with Carplay and the virtual cockpit, drive approx 25k per year around the UK and EU so would like to think I'd be able to give the beta a decent runout.

As said above, it's a shame tomtom don't appear to look after the loyal customers.
  • LmH337LmH337 Posts: 1 [Apprentice Seeker]
    I have just had a KENWOOD CarPlay head unit fitted before Christmas. I have used the TomTom App for years, long before Go became available and use it all the time, it’s fantastic. I’d really appreciate the opportunity to test the CarPlay version. I can’t wait for it to be released. Apple Maps and Google Maps are nowhere near as good so I’ve reverted to using TomTom Go on my iPhone XS whilst still plugged in to CarPlay.
  • DarrenjugginsDarrenjuggins Posts: 7 [Master Explorer]
    Hi,

I'd have liked to have received a request to be part of the Beta, I've been using Car Play for the last year and have the Go app, so a little disappointed not to be invited to the beta test party.

I see the page has now shut down for Beta Testers, if you happen to see this and would like another Beta Tester - drop me a line or link, i'd be happy to be involved.

Kindest Regards
    Darren
This discussion has been closed.

Who's Online26

c-a-r-l-o-s
c-a-r-l-o-s
dibro
dibro
Harryh110
Harryh110
Lobbie
Lobbie