Sports App cleaning forever

thomasenthomasen Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
Every time I syncronice my spark 3 with the sportsapp it keeps saying "cleaning up". The process is not ending.
What can be wrong?
Please help.
Thanks a lot!

Thomas

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 15,341 Superusers
    You likely have bad data on the watch it cannot clear. Do a factory reset and reset the app while you are at it. You first need to remove the watch from the phone's BT menu (in iOS you have it forget the device) after you reset or try pairing again. The steps are: uninstall the app, remove or forget the watch from the phone's BT menu, factory reset the watch, reinstall the app, select Pair New on the app, select Pair New on watch (press down from the clock and select Phone>Pair New, not Sync) and follow the prompts on the phone. You should not be pairing the watch first through the phone's BT menu; it is all done through the app and you must have the phone forget the watch in the BT menu before re-pairing.

I hope this helps answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • thomasenthomasen Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Ok thanks. I'll try that.
    Does it mean that all activities and history will disappear?
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 15,341 Superusers
    A factory reset will not cause you to lose any data, the watch syncs when you first plug it in, so everything is saved on TomTom Sports and your settings are reset afterwards. All you lose is the wheel size in cycling and turning splits on & off in running, as these are watch settings, not user settings. The history is erased from the watch, but this clears itself every 10 activities anyway. The music is on a different drive that is untouched during a reset and TomTom Sports is not affected. The reset itself takes less than 5 minutes.

I hope this helps answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • thomasenthomasen Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Tthanks a lot. Big help. It works!
    Thomas