Fitness points not working — TomTom Community

Fitness points not working

Eve BeedhamEve Beedham Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
edited January 2019 in TomTom Adventurer
My heart rate monitor is reading, however for all of my activities- even with a long, sustained and high heart rate- no fitness points are collected at all. I know this may effect my VO2 and fitness age too so how would I fix it?

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,816
    Superusers
    Are you using an external HR or the internal HR? You only get Fitness points on a Cardio model with the internal HR and only for running or cycling activities, so anything using gym mode or Freestyle will not calculate points. Frankly, I would not worry about it, the points system is useless. I honestly don't feel you can make any judgments from what it is telling you in terms of fitness points or fitness age. It only uses runs or cycles to calculate points and while it supposedly refine its readings over time, it seems to be a random, capricious measure that ties to very little. Once your VO2Msx is above 50 your Fitness Age stays at 20 regardless of anything else. It is based on whatever algorithm TT came up with, which is different than what Garmin uses or Strava uses, or anyone else. Ultimately, I don't expect a watch to be able to tell me how fit I am.

I hope this helps answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.