My device keeps switching on and off.

brianruss
brianruss Registered Users Posts: 6
Apprentice Traveler
My Tom Tom go Live 825 keeps turning itself on and then off, leaving a grey screen. It then switches on and off all the time. Any ideas?

Comments

• dhn
    dhn Posts: 33,382
    Superuser
    Try a drum reset on the unit by holding the power button about 20 seconds till you hear the drum sounds.

Also, is the device connected to a power source when this happens?
  • brianruss
    brianruss Registered Users Posts: 6
    Apprentice Traveler
    I have tried the reset as per the tomtom info, but it hasn't sorted out the probem. I have tried it connected to a power source and without, but no difference.
  • dhn
    dhn Posts: 33,382
    Superuser
    May be a faulty battery........
  • Niall
    Niall Posts: 11,112
    Superuser
    @brianruss

You can get a replacement battery for $23.95 +P&P from https://www.newpower99.com/TomTom_GO_LIVE_825_Battery_Replacement_Kit_p/tomtom go 825 live.htm

To install it see the how to video
    [video]
  • Colin_Hooley2192
    Colin_Hooley2192 Registered Users Posts: 1
    New Seeker
    My TomTom 5200 keeping switching off then on and off. The battery shows charge
  • Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 5,330
    Revered Voyager
    @Colin_Hooley2192

Disable Mydrive synchronization on the device.
  • malvarezcar
    malvarezcar Registered Users Posts: 1
    Apprentice Seeker
    I experience exactly the same problem explained in this post "My Tom Tom go Live 825 keeps turning itself on and then off, leaving a grey screen. It then switches on and off all the time". I updated with My Drive Connect but the gps-fix update, is the only updating that does not seem to get into the device. It is always marked as not updated, and the switching on and off comes and go. I tried reinstalling the gps-fix several times but it is always the only waiting to be reinstalled. After this, one day the device goes OK but the day after, the issue comes back turning on and off. Any suggestion?
  • Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 5,330
    Revered Voyager
    Maybe a battery problem?
    Charge the GPS on a smartphone charger for 2 hours.

You may need to consider changing the battery.