Map download options

Rafi_UK
Rafi_UK Registered Users Posts: 1
New Traveler
Hi, My tomtom VIA52 comes with Western Europe map but I only need to download UK map as I am and will only use it in UK. Why there is no option for download only UK map. Downloading whole Western Europe (which included UK) map took more space and I personally believe it is also slow down my device in particular time.
My question is Why I have to download WHOLE Western Europe map to access only UK map?
Why TomTom not understand this simple need / Option that their end user may need to download only one country rather than whole world?
Why “My Maps” section of MyDrive Connection (desktop software) has so much limitation?
Any thought or advice?
Thanks.

Comments

• VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 13,810
    Hi Rafi

Welcome to the community!

A separate download for the UK and ROI is been made available for you.

It should be available for download in MyDrive Connect.

Regards
    Vikram
  • 2urtle
    2urtle Registered Users Posts: 6
    Apprentice Traveler
    I have the same issue as Rafi_UK. Only I have the GO 5100. I have no intention of using this device outside of the UK and waiting hours for map updates is not my favourite past time. I also have a GO 5200 which I assume is identical except for wifi connectivity. The UK map is an option for down load for this device.
    I would be greatful if a UK & Ireland map was made available for me to download also.

Regards
  • VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 13,810
    @2urtle

Done!
  • 2urtle
    2urtle Registered Users Posts: 6
    Apprentice Traveler
    thank you