'Tidying up' reaches 100% then hangs

kphillkphill Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
Since the update 10.0.8 I go to sync my new activity, Starts by updating quick gps then says tidying up, it reaches 100% then does nothing and no activities synced.

This app has never been great at connecting to the watch, it always required a btooth on/off or a phone restart but this is every time now which is far from ideal.

All the usual suggestions to uninstall/reinstall, update everything has failed to make a difference on a Samsung galaxy s8.

Any ideas welcome

Comments

• Cmanley542Cmanley542 Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
    I have the same issue with th he same phone. I've reinstalled app, resynced device, etc. Still stuck on "tidying up".
  • danny2156danny2156 Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Sand issue.....hate this software. Any ideas what to do other than re pair the watch?
  • vshvsh Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    Same issue here, the worst update ever for last 2 years... What helps to sync is to kill the app and start it over again. For my (Android 8.1) sometimes need to toggle BT of/on to make it work.

Do not seem to be fixable, I guess it is just some messed up state machine in the application itself.
  • MooharMoohar Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Same issue. Really agree that syncing (i.e. the main job that the watch should be able to do) is and always has been shocking. Temperamental. Requiring lots of fiddling for it to finally do anything. Come on Tom Tom. Sort your act out. There is a little thing called testing that is generally done before app version updates. :-/
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 15,625 Superusers
    Moohar wrote:
    Same issue. Really agree that syncing (i.e. the main job that the watch should be able to do) is and always has been shocking. Temperamental. Requiring lots of fiddling for it to finally do anything. Come on Tom Tom. Sort your act out. There is a little thing called testing that is generally done before app version updates. :-/
    There is no testing and updating happening. TT Sports went out of business and ceased all production and development over a year ago. The watches are dead and will remain unchanged and the app is being updated only for changes to BT versions.
  • xray79xray79 Posts: 160 [Renowned Wayfarer]
    same issue here on a S8 and i'm afraid it will not get any better as @tfarabaugh mentioned TT stopped the sports business....
    I even need to reset my watch due to the fact that this issue is causing my memory not to clean up. Very annoying.
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 15,625 Superusers
    kphill wrote:
    Since the update 10.0.8 I go to sync my new activity, Starts by updating quick gps then says tidying up, it reaches 100% then does nothing and no activities synced.

This app has never been great at connecting to the watch, it always required a btooth on/off or a phone restart but this is every time now which is far from ideal.

All the usual suggestions to uninstall/reinstall, update everything has failed to make a difference on a Samsung galaxy s8.

Any ideas welcome
    Have you done a factory reset on the watch? It is probably not finishing cleaning up because there is bad data on the watch. Do a factory reset and then try it. I hope this helps answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • xray79xray79 Posts: 160 [Renowned Wayfarer]
    tfarabaugh wrote:
    kphill wrote:

Any ideas welcome
    Have you done a factory reset on the watch? It is probably not finishing cleaning up because there is bad data on the watch. Do a factory reset and then try it. I hope this helps answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
    I see the same issues as the others and in this SW version it seems to matter on how you connect the watch to the app on your phone. If i turn on my connection on the watch before i open the app on my phone i see the same beahviour. If i open the app first and than connect it works better.
    Also the data seems to get corrupt more easily in this version when you disconnect the watch via the menu in the watch before closing the app on the phone.
    I've had this once in a while but last few weeks it's almost every week. Even when no activity is done or the watch is 'empty' and i sync for HR or GPS i see that the data gets corrupt due to teh fact that all of a sudden i have 2 bars in the memory section of the watch......
    It's a pity as i love the watch and the possibilities for runing but the app is now not good in my opinion and i'm afraid it will not get any better.
  • SiboliSiboli Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I got this error yesterday. I restarted the phone but the error was still there. I made the phone forget the device then re-paired it and now it's better. And I got my recent activity synced too.
  • Welwyn GardenerWelwyn Gardener Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Switching phone on and off has just worked for me, on a Sony Xperia M5.

Hopefully, TomTom web app team, if you are reading posts you could investigate please why the App is freezing as we have all described maybe after the 10.0.8 update as suggested . Bad data, application logic wrong ?

Thanks
  • HMcHMc Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
    I have the same problem every time I synch. So I unpair and pair new. Then my activity synchs immediately. I have done the factory reset and connected to PC etc as suggested in all post I have read but only thing that works is pairing my watch everytime. Real pain.
  • JstreetJstreet Posts: 1 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Tidying up. Always tidying up. App is poor. Watch isn't much better.
  • baslbasl Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    Same, same, sometimes I got 2 syncs before needing to delete. Forgetting the watch in the app seems to work best. The USB works well fortunately.
  • mingusboodlemingusboodle Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
    The most frustrating part of this is that it was working perfectly before the last update. Now I basically have no link between my watch and my phone. I can't download my runs through my phone, and I no longer get notifications on my watch.

Really, all I want is for TomTom to make the previous version of Sports available. Everything worked before the last update.