Audiobooks — TomTom Community

Audiobooks

DonnaCDonnaC Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
Is there a way to listen to audiobooks on TomTom Runner from iTunes? It seems that when I search on Audible this should be a possible. I download the book to iTunes, it shows up as an enhanced AAC file but then when I scan from TomTom Sports Connect it cannot find it. Is there a way to listen to books? I've occasionally found chapters recorded as podcasts and managed this. I don't listen to music when I run just spoken voice and I've found it really frustrating how limiting the watch is.

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,734
    Superusers
    It is probably the enhanced AAC that is the issue. You need to convert them to regular AAC or MP3:

MP3:
    Sample rate: 16KHz to 48KHz
    Bit rate: 8 kbps to 320 kbps
    Mono/stereo channels and joint stereo.
    Artist, track title and length are displayed for the following languages: English, Czech, Danish, German, Spanish, French, Italian, Dutch, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Finnish and Swedish. Other languages may display correctly if the only used characters available in a supported language.

AAC:
    MPEG2 and MPEG4 AAC-LC and HE-AACv2 are supported.
    Sample rate: up to 48KHz
    Bit rate: up to 320 kbps
    Mono/stereo/dual mono are supported.
    Artist, track title and length for AAC is not supported.

Be aware that the watch will not remember where you are in the book and will start at the beginning again each time so unless you have small chapters it will get quite annoying.

I hope this helps answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • DonnaCDonnaC Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Is converting to regular AAC possible and if so how do I do it? I find it very frustrating when I buy something specifically to listen to on my runs and then cannot make use of it.