Reset Rider 550 Trip Statistics?

RBEmerson
RBEmerson Registered Users Posts: 60
Outstanding Explorer
edited January 2019 in RIDER
How do I reset the Trip Statistics? My wife and I are in the middle of a trip that has, so far, covered 4400 miles. I know that because I reset the odometer on our Zumo 660 (to be retired to make way for the Rider 550). I don't see an obvious reset button for All Time. The quick and dirty way to proceed is to note the mileage when we start traveling. That seems kinda sloppy, though.

Comments

• YamFazMan
    YamFazMan Posts: 20,799
    Superuser
    Hi
    @RBEmerson

The only way for a reset of the Rider 4xx/5xx Trip statistics for 'All time' is with a Factory reset
    But don't forget to to sync anything you need to keep with the MyDrive Web Route planner

Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Settings --> System -- Reset device

ATB YFM
  • RBEmerson
    Outstanding Explorer
    Um... you're joking, right? Just like setting fire to the house to get rid of mice.

TomTom needs to think real hard about this silly idea. Even Garmin can handle the chore.
  • YamFazMan
    Superuser
    Hi
    @RBEmerson

You have the Clear trip button in the 'Since --/--/---- menu'
    I guess Tomtom view the 'All-Time' menu as being like the Mileage & Speedometer on your Motorcycle, i.e... The historic journey data of the device

Rider 550 User Guide... http://download.tomtom.com/open/manuals/Rider_Wi-Fi/index.htm

ATB YFM
  • RBEmerson
    Outstanding Explorer
    I'm confused. There's the "permanent" and "day's trip" when I roll to stats - Is there a third stats column for a "complete trip"?
  • RBEmerson
    Outstanding Explorer
    ARGH!!! I was utterly clueless about the column in between day's trip and all time. That's what I'm looking for to maintain records for an extended trip.
  • YamFazMan
    Superuser
    Hi
    @RBEmerson

Glad you're sorted :relaxed:

ATB YFM
  • RBEmerson
    Outstanding Explorer
    Sorted? Ask my wife about that. LOL