Breach of Advertising Law ?

what
what Registered Users Posts: 7
Apprentice Seeker
Tonight, I thought I'd peek to see if there was anything new in TomTom.

Satnavs appear to be struggling to come up with new ideas to compete with one another. Resulting in most of their 'new stuff' being no big deal. [I current have a GO 6000]

I came upon the Start 62. It's a lot cheaper and 'hey' it does what I need of a sat nav. i.e. takes me from 'a to b' i.e. absence of all those 'bells & whistles.' Haven't mobile phones already gone the same way? Mobile phones are now used less for calling; more for wandering aimlessly around the www etc.

Anyway, back to the issue - one of the pictures showed the sat nav attached to the display, a route was displayed on the screen and a happy couple in the front seats. NO SIGN OF THE USB CABLE trailing anywhere. [Forget excusing them that it's running on batteries, for their 'running life' is a whole new subject] If you examine the 'features' no mention of it. Impression to newbies - you don't require one. The first mention of it is in their 'manual.'

However, all the expensive ones clearly advertise the 'wonders' of how the 'mount' and the 'device' link together

Comments

• YamFazMan
    YamFazMan Posts: 20,800
    Superuser
    Hi
    @what

f0394ed2-5109-4abb-914a-7f66ebdb597c.png
    ATB YFM