Speedcamera subscription neccessary om TT5000?

Abito52Abito52 Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
edited January 27 in Speed Cameras
I get a warning to renew my speedcamara subscription, but my old subscription expires in 1.5 months. Can I already take out a new subscription now without losing the 1.5 month of my old subscription? So does the new subscription match the old subscription expiration date? Or do I not need a speed camera subscription? Because I have a lifetime card update?
Thanks for your answer!

Comments

• LAURE123LAURE123 Posts: 1,078 Superuser
    Hi @Abito52

You can buy now. Your new subscription will be added to the 1.5 months of your old = 12+1.5

I have already done it several times for my Start25. This year's the end of my subscription was mid October 2018, purchase in August 2018 to have a reduced promotional price.

After your purchase, when you reconnect your device to MyDrive Connect the date will be updated without loss of duration. You can check here:
    ==> in MyDrive Connect, tab "My Content", go down to "My Services", click on the picture "Speed ​​Camera updates"

At the moment there are Christmas promotions, for Nederland:
    https://www.tomtom.com/nl_nl/promo/xmas2018-1/

Don't forget when ordering to select your device by its serial number to link your purchase. It's below your billing address, even if you only have one device.

Edit: the GO5000 has the free lifetime subscription for EU map and traffic. But alas, the subscription for speed cameras is paying.

Regards.
  • Abito52Abito52 Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hello Laure123,
    Thank you for your answer and explanation. With Norton Internet Security I do have the experience that my new subscription did not match the expiration date of the old subscription.

Anyway, I assume that TomTom has better arrangements for this. Because there is indeed a Christmas discount in force now, I wanted to buy my subscription right now.

I will now use the offer, if it does not go well, I will still report it in the forum.
    Thanks again and best regards!
    Abito52
  • Abito52Abito52 Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi Laure123,
    You're absolutely right, the new subscription is fully in line with the old expiration date, thanks! Thanks!
    Greetings Abito52
  • LAURE123LAURE123 Posts: 1,078 Superuser
    Hi @Abito52

You're welcome. :slight_smile:
    Glad that everything went well for you.
    Thanks.