Can the TT Adventurer be useful for paragliding? — TomTom Community

Can the TT Adventurer be useful for paragliding?

MduinMduin Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
edited January 2019 in TomTom Adventurer
Hi There

One of my favorite hobbies is paragliding. During this activity I am primarily interested in real time ascent rate, absolute height over sea level and speed over ground. So far so good with the TT devices that have barometric sensor.

Another requirement I have is that during post processing the barometric data is not overwritten by some sort of data from a topographic elevation model. I know that the TT Multisport does this, and it makes it therefor useless for analyzing flying activities.

I am told that in the new TomTom Adventurer, the built-in barometer overwrites the DEM data. Can somebody confirm this? Preferably by a screenshot of an activity profile from the mysports application?

Thanks in advance,
Mark (The flying Dutchmen)

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,816
    Superusers
    Do not buy a TomTom watch. They went out of business over a year ago and ceased all production and development. They are selling old inventory and there will be no more updates or fixes plus there are serious quality issues with the bands among other things. Besides that it will not give you what you want as none of the metrics you have listed are available and all elevation data is overwritten using a DEM model.

I imagine this is not what you were hoping to hear but let me know if this answered your question. If it did, please mark it as a solution so other can look for it if they have the same question.