Watch and phone are connected but App won’t allow syncing — TomTom Community

Watch and phone are connected but App won’t allow syncing

Gav 1 NGav 1 N Posts: 5 [Apprentice Traveler]
I have had the watch for about 1 year, I have already synced an activity this morning.
I have recorded an activity this evening and was trying to upload it to the Tomtom app on my phone as usual
My watch has the icon showing the phone with a tick so they are paired correctly.
The app is acting like it is the first time I have used it and has the Get started banner at the top.
My only option is to press Let’s get started and select watch, it shows Searching for your device, there is an icon on the left TomTom GPS Watch which I select. It then asks me to Enter PIN but there is no PIN as my watch is already connected!
Can anyone help me please?

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,626
    Superusers
    I would start all over with reestablishing the connection. You first need to remove the watch from the phone's BT menu (in iOS you have it forget the device) after you reset or try pairing again. The steps are: uninstall the app, remove or forget the watch from the phone's BT menu, reinstall the app, select Pair New on the app, select Pair New on watch (press down from the clock and select Phone>Pair New, not Sync) and follow the prompts on the phone. You should not be pairing the watch first through the phone's BT menu; it is all done through the app and you must have the phone forget the watch in the BT menu before re-pairing.

If that does not work you may need to factory reset the watch too. You first need to remove the watch from the phone's BT menu (in iOS you have it forget the device) after you reset or try pairing again. The steps are: uninstall the app, remove or forget the watch from the phone's BT menu, factory reset the watch, reinstall the app, select Pair New on the app, select Pair New on watch (press down from the clock and select Phone>Pair New, not Sync) and follow the prompts on the phone. You should not be pairing the watch first through the phone's BT menu; it is all done through the app and you must have the phone forget the watch in the BT menu before re-pairing.

I hope this helps answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • Gav 1 NGav 1 N Posts: 5 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thanks,
    I have loaded the app onto a different phone and successfully connected to It.

Can the watch be paired to 2 phones simultaneously or only one? (My original phone now shows Not Connected in Bluetooth settings even though I did not disconnect it
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,626
    Superusers
    Gav 1 N wrote:
    Thanks,
    I have loaded the app onto a different phone and successfully connected to It.

Can the watch be paired to 2 phones simultaneously or only one? (My original phone now shows Not Connected in Bluetooth settings even though I did not disconnect it
    No it cannot, BT is a one-to-one relationship.