Wrong kilometres — TomTom Community

Wrong kilometres

hegrova.monikahegrova.monika Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
I have TomTom runner 3 and when I run on running belt watch shows me wrong numbers. About 2km difference can you help we with it?

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,626
    Superusers
    If you search the forums you will find plenty of posts about treadmill accuracy. In a nutshell, it doesn't work particularly well. The algorithms don't detect enough steps for most people, requiring you to correct it afterwards to adjust the distance. However, it does not learn anything from the correction; it is just adjusting the distance afterwards, so the record is right. I personally don’t see the big deal since while in use the treadmill keeps track of distance and pace, so if the watch can be made to match at the end, it is a non-issue, but I am may be in the minority on that one. I never even look at my watch on the treadmill, the treadmill display tells me everything I need (time, distance, pace, etc.). Most treadmills are accurate on distance (even old ones are not going to be materially off) so just getting the records correct is fine for me. There is nothing you can do to fix it other than adjusting the distance to match the treadmill when you are done.

I imagine this is not what you were hoping to hear but let me know if this answered your question. If it did, please mark it as a solution so other can look for it if they have the same question.
  • hegrova.monikahegrova.monika Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    thanks for answer. Problem is that watches always shows me difference about 200 - 300m that was ok I haven't problem with it but last 3 - 4 month shows me this big difference but I don't know why. But thank you :)